Curbside service ends on August 2, 2021, as the public will be welcome to enter the building and select items directly from the stacks.
The Howe Library provides Curbside Service to faculty, students, and staff who cannot or do not want to enter a building during a pandemic. Alumni and guest borrowers are also permitted to use the service.
During scheduled days and hours (ends August 2, 2021):
- Books: Monday - Thursday 8 am - 8 pm, Friday 8 am - 6 pm.
- Multimedia equipment and materials: Monday - Friday 8 am - 10 am.
Howe Library and LRA books and books obtained through Interlibrary Loan can be picked up at a designated area near the Howe Library front entrance. Howe Library Circulation staff will communicate with borrowers via email (or phone) to locate requested materials and coordinate pick-up days and times.
Curbside Request(s): Books
1. Search CATQuest for the items you need.
2. For each item, record the title, author, and call number.
3. Email your request to Access Services – Circulation: email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include all of the information below in your email:
- Your name and UVM NetID.
- Your phone number.
- The title, author, and call number information for each book you're requesting.
Note: Access Services – Circulation reads and responds to email between 8 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. You can expect a response by the next business day. (If your email is received after 4:30 pm on Friday, you can expect a response the following Monday.)
4. You'll receive an email confirming your request. There is no need to respond.
5. When your materials have been located, you'll receive another email informing you that your request is ready. This email will include the next available days and times.
6. When on campus, please follow the Vermont Department of Health's social distancing guidelines. Your requested items are placed in a paper bag to maintain your privacy.
7. When you're finished with your books, please return them to the Howe Library book drop
Curbside Request(s): Media Equipment/DVDs
Note: Media Services reads and responds to emails between 8 am - 4 pm, Monday through Friday. You can expect a response by the next business day. (If your email is received after 4 pm on Friday, you can expect a response the following Monday.
2. You'll receive an email confirming your request. A member of the Media Services Team will work with you to coordinate a pickup and drop-off appointment and will provide directions to the curbside pickup table (located near the front entrance of Howe Library). Items are available Monday through Friday between 9 am - 4 pm.
3. Arrive on campus at your scheduled pickup time. Please follow the Vermont Department of Health's social distancing guidelines and wait in the designated area to retrieve your materials. Your media equipment will be provided in protective cases.
4. When you're finished with the equipment, arrive on campus at your scheduled drop-off time. Please follow the Vermont Department of Health's social distancing guidelines and wait in the designated area to retrieve your materials. Do not leave media equipment unattended outside Howe Library.
5. DVDs are returned in the Howe Library book drop. Do not leave materials unattended outside Howe Library.
The UVM Libraries' curbside service comply with the Vermont Department of Libraries Curbside and Book Delivery Service Guidelines. All borrowed materials will be cleaned before circulating and upon their return.
Visit UVM Libraries COVID-19 Services for more information about Libraries services, or UVM COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information and Updates for recent UVM communications.