1 Color Printer/Copier/Scanner in the Cyber Cafe
1 BW Printer/Copier/Scanner in the Cyber Cafe
- Print jobs can be sent straight from the Pharos Print Center Web Interface or they can be retrieved from a release station attached to the printers, using a card reader (touch or swipe) system.
- Non-UVM affiliates can purchase and deposit money onto the required card at the CATcard machine at the front (Circulation) desk.
- UVM affiliates can use this machine to deposit more money onto their UVM CATcard CAT$cratch account when needed.
Send a Print Job
Note: To print a web page (.htm or .html) you must be able to upload it first. To do this, choose "file > print" from the Browser menu, then choose "Save as Pdf" as the printer option. This .pdf file can now be uploaded to Pharos Print Center.
Users can upload a file to Pharos Print Center.
Print jobs sent with Pharos Print Center are accessible from every printer in the library for up to two hours.
Here you can see:
- cost per page
- your balance
- a print preview
You can choose:
- black & white or color printing
- single/double sided-copying
- a page range
- number of copies
- number of pages per side
Retrieving Print Jobs
- Jobs sent from UVM Affiliate (Authenticating) machines and Pharos Print Center can be found listed under your NetID.
- Using the card reader located near the printer, swipe or touch your card to view jobs sent on the desktop monitor. Select your job and hit 'print'.
- See the locations of Affiliate/Public Computers here.
The Howe Library offers a variety of scanning options in various locations.
Document Scanning Locations & Option
- 2 KIC Bookeye Scanners in the Cyber Cafe (Color or B&W - No Charge)
Microform Scanning Options
- 1st floor, Reference Area, Microfilm/Microfiche Scanners
- 1st floor, Reference Area, microopaque Card Scanner
Slide and Negative Scanning
The Center for Multimedia Development, on the first floor of The David W. Howe Memorial Library, offers the capability to create scans from slides and negatives, as well as the software to enhance and manipulate those scans.
Fees for Copying & Printing
Copies and printouts may be paid for with an existing Cat$cratch account, by adding money to your UVM ID card at the vending machine by the Circulation Desk, or by purchasing a Cat$scratch card from the vending machine. Cat$cratch cards cost $1.00 and come with $1.00 worth of value.
Type of PagePayment
Price per Page
|B&W copies or printouts||Cat$cratch||5¢|
|Color copies or printouts||Cat$cratch||25¢|