Log in to the Pharos Print Center using your UVM NetID and password.
Upload the documents you want to print.
- HTML documents are not supported. To print a web page, find the Print feature in your browser, then choose "Save to PDF." You can then print that PDF.
- Other common file formats like .pdf, .docx, .pptx and image files can be printed.
Configure your document within the Pharos Print Center if needed. Look to the bottom of the screen for these options.
- Choose Color or Black/White
- Choose single or double-sided
- Specify a range of pages
- Set the number of copies
- 8 1/2" by 11" is the default paper size at Howe Library. Our troubleshooting tips contain information on other printable sizes at Howe Library. Contact the UVM Print and Mail Center to print a full range of page sizes.
Pay for Printing
You will also be able to see the cost of your print job and your UVM CATcard CAT$cratch balance at the bottom of the screen.
Send to the printer
Select your printer. At Howe Library, you can choose between Color or Black/White.
- If no printer is selected in the Pharos Print Center, your document will be sent to a print release station located next to the printers.
- Other printers are available across campus including on the first floor of the Davis Center, at the Dana Health Sciences Library and at Silver Special Collections Library.
- You can also print at the Print and Mail Center in Waterman or your department may offer printing. The process for printing in these locations may be different.
Pick up your print
At Howe Library, head to the Cyber Cafe to print or pick up your document.
- Either use your CATcard to unlock a print release station, then find and print your document (print jobs are arranged by NetID)
- Or print directly from the Pharos Print Center on your device without using the print release station
- Consult the Howe Library Map if you're not sure where to find the Cyber Cafe
What if you have trouble printing a document?
Check out our Troubleshooting Tips.