How do I request a renewal for ILL material?
- You can request a renewal through your Illiad account within 5 days of the due date.
- Items marked "No" under "Renewals Allowed" on the pink band cannot be renewed.
- Items very overdue cannot be renewed.
- Items which have been renewed usually cannot be renewed again. Contact the ILL Office for exceptions.
- Items cannot be renewed online through your regular library account, you must do this through Illiad.
I am in Illiad, now what?
- Click the History tab at the top
- Select Request Renewals in the drop-down menu
- For the book that you want to renew, click Actions and select Renew.
- Contact the ILL Office with any questions if you are uncertain about the renewal status of an item.
How much longer can I keep the item?
- Once we process the renewal request, the due date is extended by two weeks as a courtesy.
- The request is submitted to the lending library and the status is again "checked out".
- Once the library responds, the due date is changed to reflect the date they assign and the status is "Checked Out to Customer".
How do I know if the renewal was granted by the lending library?
- An email will be sent with a new due date or a message saying that your renewal request has been denied.
- Your Illiad and library account will be updated.
- If your Renewal Request was denied by the lending library, the book must be returned by the original due date.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 802-656-2242
- David W. Howe Memorial Library, Room 313