- View DescriptionArt full textThis resource includes articles and images on a wide variety of topics relating to art, art history, architecture, design, and film and media studies published in scholarly and professional journals.
- View DescriptionBook review indexThis resource is an index to reviews (1960s-present) for adult and children's books from popular, trade, refereed, and scholarly publications. It contains citations to book reviews, frequently with links to full-text reviews.
- View DescriptionCommunications & mass media collectionThis database identifies research on all aspects of the communications field including journalism; mass media; advertising; public relations; literature and writing; linguistics; and discourse analysis. It includes scholarly journals, magazines, and news sources. It contains citations, some with links to full text.
- View DescriptionContemporary literary criticismPart Gale Literature Criticism, this resource is a searchable database of full-length or excerpted criticism of works in all literary genres and biographical information about significant fiction and nonfiction writers and filmmakers worldwide now living or who died after December 31,1999. It presents a range of modern and historical views on writers and their works.
- Dictionary of film studies
- View DescriptionDictionary of literary biographyThis resource is a searchable database of literary biographies written by recognized literary scholars and critics, profiling past and present authors, historians, journalists, screenwriters, publishers, and playwrights worldwide from every era.
- Dictionary of media and communication
- View DescriptionDigital theatre+This resource is a British-based collection of high-definition streaming videos which captures live full-length professional theatre productions from leading theatre companies primarily in Great Britain. It also includes text- and video-based study guides; teaching aids; videos of filmed interviews with actors, etc., associated with the productions; full-text of the Manga Shakespeare series.
- View DescriptionFIAF international index to film periodicalsThis resource is the International Federation of Film Archives (FIAF) portal to information and research on film and television. Its most significant contents are: The International Index to Film Periodicals (academic and popular film and television journals) and the full text of key reference works: Encyclopedia of Early Cinema, Routledge Companion to Film Studies, Oxford History of World Cinema, Critical Ideas in Television Studies, Film Analysis: A Norton Reader.
- View DescriptionFilm & television literature index with full textThis resource is an index to journals, magazines and books covering all aspects of film and television: film criticism, reviews, film and television theory, preservation and restoration, writing, production, and cinematography. It contains citations with abstracts (some with links to full-text articles) to articles, books, book chapters, and reviews (film, television, and book).
- View DescriptionFilmakers library onlineThis resource provides streaming video access to documentary films, including award-winning productions. It allows users to isolate and annotate clips for scholarly projects and provides full transcripts. It can be browsed by topics, places, or director/producer; or searched by keyword or phrase.
- View DescriptionHumanities & social sciences index retrospectiveThis resource is an international index to journals in the humanities and social sciences. It contains citations to articles, book reviews, film reviews (limited), theater reviews, and poems. A very limited number of citations include full text. This is a good resource for tracing the history of scholarship on a humanities or social sciences topic.
- View DescriptionJSTORThis resource is a searchable multidisciplinary database of the full content of archival issues of scholarly journals. Issues published within the last 3-5 years are generally not covered. It also provides citations to books and pamphlets provided by JSTOR in digital format.
- View DescriptionKanopy streaming videoThis resource is a platform for streaming video, including feature films and documentaries from around the world. Faculty note: please contact Multimedia Services if you need Kanopy videos for teaching, as access varies over time.
- View DescriptionLiterature criticismThis resource is a searchable database of full-length or excerpted criticism of works in all literary genres and biographical information about significant writers and filmmakers worldwide from all eras. It presents a range of modern and historical views on writers and their works. This is the main interface for cross-searching seven Gale literary resources.
- View DescriptionLiterature resource centerThis database contains biographical profiles of significant writers worldwide from all eras and literary genres. It also includes full-length or excerpted literary criticism articles and book reviews from scholarly journals and magazines, book chapters, and reference books. It also includes overviews of literary topics and work overviews (plots, themes, characters).
- MLA directory of periodicals
- View DescriptionMLA international bibliographyThis is a comprehensive index for research works on world literatures, literary theory, linguistics, rhetoric and composition, folklore, and the dramatic arts. It contains citations (some with links to full text) to articles in scholarly journals and magazines, books, book chapters, and dissertations.
- View DescriptionOxford African American studies centerThis resource is a portal to full-text scholarly sources (biographies, encyclopedias, companions, primary sources), images and maps about African Americans, African American life and culture, and Africa and the diaspora.
- Oxford companion to the American musical
- View DescriptionPerforming arts periodicals databaseThis resource is an international index to magazines, scholarly and trade journals pertaining to the performing arts, and extending to stagecraft, circus performance, opera, pantomime, puppetry, performance art, comedy, storytelling, and magic. It contains citations to articles, book reviews, performance reviews, obituaries, and biographical profiles.
- View DescriptionProject MuseThis resource is a searchable multidisciplinary full-text database of scholarly journals primarily in the arts, humanities, and social sciences. It also provides citations to books provided by Project Muse in digital format.
- View DescriptionReaders' guide retrospective, 1890-1982This database contains indexing of popular general-interest periodicals in the U.S. (1890-1982).
- View DescriptionTwentieth-century literary criticismPart of Gale Literature Criticism, this resource is a searchable database of full-length or excerpted criticism of works in all literary genres and biographical information about significant fiction and nonfiction writers and filmmakers worldwide who died between 1900 and 1999. It presents a range of modern and historical views on writers and their works.