NOTICE: New ILLiad web pages have been implemented. If you experience any issues, please let us know. We are still working out some problems that we come across and your reporting of issues is helpful. Thank you for your patience.
Interlibrary Loan Staff
A Note on the ClinicalKey Cancellation: Many of the resources available through the ClinicalKey subscription are not available through Interlibrary Loan.
The ClinicalKey subscription granted access to a multitude of full text e-books. Most of these resources are not available through ILL.
- Many journal articles in CK feature accompanying audio/visual supplements. Obtaining the supplements adds considerable work to the process and slows overall fulfillment time. Some of the supplements are impossible to obtain through ILL or article purchasing vendors.
- The instructional videos provided by CK are not available through ILL.
- Licensing does not allow other libraries that subscribe to ClinicalKey to lend ClinicalKey content. UVM ILL will need to rely on libraries with individual subscriptions in order to fill many article requests.
Interlibrary Loan supplies materials not owned by the UVM Libraries for eligible users.
Interlibrary Loan works best for users with one-time, short-term needs. Users who need materials for long-term use should recommend a purchase.
Class textbooks / required material cannot be ordered through ILL. Read the policy Other Items that typically do not circulate through ILL include: reference sets, whole periodicals sets, software, genealogical materials, test materials, maps, unpublished works, and rare and archival materials.
If a UVM book is checked out and you are an eligible user, you can request it via ILL.
Check out the ILL & Document Delivery FAQ page for more information about our services.
Document Delivery supplies electronic copies of articles and book chapters owned by UVM Libraries for eligible users. This includes book chapters and articles located in the David W. Howe Memorial Library, the Library Research Annex and the Silver Special Collections Library. Articles and chapters in microform format can be delivered to you electronically as well.
In compliance with UVM copyright policy no more than one book chapter from a single book and one article from a single journal/magazine issue will be scanned and delivered through the Document Delivery service.
For more Document Delivery information, see the ILL & Document Delivery FAQ page.
Who may use these services?
University of Vermont students, staff, and faculty with a valid NetID may use ILL and Document Delivery.
How long does ILL and Document Delivery take?
- Articles and chapters usually arrive in 3-5 business days (they sometimes arrive in 1 day if we can get them through the RapidILL service or other expedited services).
- Physical materials (ILL) usually arrive in 7-14 business days.
- Material that is difficult to obtain (e.g. media, rare items, etc.) may take much longer.
- To check on the status of your request, log in to your ILLiad account here.
When ILL & Document Delivery materials arrive
You will be notified by e-mail when your materials arrive. Scans of articles and book chapters are delivered via e-mail. Physical materials that need to be picked up will be held at the Circulation Desk, Howe Library. To download your articles, log in to your ILLiad account.
Address additional questions to Interlibrary Loan & Document Delivery:
Location: David W. Howe Memorial Library, Room 313