The UVM Libraries welcomes you to join us March 8th, 12 - 1:30 pm, in the Davis Auditorium, for the panel discussion “The Future of Open Access: How Will it Impact You?” This event will explore open access publishing and principles with UVM community members. The panel will include: Meredith Niles, Acting Director of the Gund Institute, Dan DeSanto, Associate Professor of UVM Libraries, Mary Cushman, Professor of Medicine, and Kendal Fortney, Program Director of the Open Source Program Office.
Located in the basement level of Howe Library, the Multimedia Recording Studio has everything you need to easily make high-quality audio and video recordings.
Things to know:
- The studio is available for all students, faculty, and staff
- Record audio or video interviews using high-quality equipment to produce great sound and visual (think: voiceovers, narrations, podcasts, interviews, photography, and video staging)
- Achieve different configurations with drop cloths, green screens, and light kits
- Record isolated audio tracks in a sound-proof environment
- Take photographs in a controlled environment, with lighting and equipment support
- Coming later this spring! We will continue to add to the recording studio’s offerings including setups for virtual reality (for gaming, CAD design, 3D imaging, and many other applications).
There's always more to chat about in the data world! Join UVM Libraries’ Statistical Design and Data Specialist Maria Sckolnick for two Random Chats about Data in February. Drop in whenever you can during the workshop hour and make sure to bring your questions!
Statistics workshops at the Howe Library continue this month with a chat on Data Organization! Read more on these workshop offerings here!
GIS (geographic information system) support services are now available from the Howe Library! Visit our GIS Support and Consulting Services webpage for more on what support we offer and how to get in touch with your questions.
Congratulations to Howe Library’s own, Graham Sherriff, for his recent publication in the open access journal Issues in Science & Technology Librarianship! Read the article and all of the latest issue of the journal today!
Join Statistical Design and Data Specialist, Maria Sckolnick, for a chat on SAS, SPSS, R, and other software on September 13, 9:00 a.m. in Meeting Room 001B of the Howe Library.
Happy Fall 2022! The library certainly looks better with all these students back. Have questions? We've got answers! Click "Read More" for ways to reach a librarian.