The UVM Libraries are pleased to announce a new institutional subscription to the New York Times for our students, staff, faculty, and other affiliates. Through our subscription you can access:
- The NYT app for mobile devices
- The online archive dating back to 1851
- Interactive media such as graphics, charts, maps, polls, custom content
- Article history and save options across platforms
- Article comment permissions
- A video library spanning all sections of the paper
- Newsletters on a variety of topics
- A NYT in Education website that includes 16 discipline-specific areas of study, discussion prompts, learning outcomes, instructional strategies, and co-curricular activities [you’ll need to register separately for this with your UVM email at nytimesineducation.com/register]
- TV and movie recommendations, with a personalization option, via NYT “Watching”
- Podcasts, including the "Daily" podcast, “Book Review”, “Modern Love” and “Dear Sugars,” and many others.
Some premium content, such as the crossword puzzle, is excluded. UVM affiliates may use this link to access the registration page for UVM's institutional subscription to the New York Times website. You must use your UVM email address to create an account and then go to nytimes.com and login to start reading. This account will need to be reactivated via a library link periodically.
See our helpful tutorial on how to get signed up and/or contact Ask a Librarian for help or more information.
If you have an individual paid New York Times subscription and would prefer to use the institutional subscription, you’ll need to cancel prior to registering for access to NYTimes.com through the university. You can do this by calling 800-NYTIMES or by submitting an email request. If already have a NYTimes.com account with your UVM email address, you can visit The University of Vermont's access link at AccessNYT.com and login.