Films & Other Videos
Films with: Strauss, Carolyn
- Game of thrones
- As the season begins, encouraged by the Red Wedding slaughter in the Riverlands that wiped out many of their Stark nemeses, the Lannisters' hold on the Iron Throne remains intact. But can they survive their own egos as well as new and ongoing threats from the south, north and east?
- DVD 10754
- Game of thrones
- "This season begins with a power vacuum that protagonists across Westeros and Essos look to fill. At Castle Black, Jon Snow struggles to balance the demands of the Night's Watch with those of the newly-arrived Stannis Baratheon, who styles himself as the rightful king of Westeros. Meanwhile, Cersei scrambles to hold on to power in King's Landing amidst the Tyrells and the rise of a religious group led by the enigmatic High Sparrow, while Jamie embarks on a secret mission. Across the Narrow Sea, Arya seeks an old friend while a fugitive Tyrion finds a new cause. And as danger mounts in Meereen, Daenerys Targaryen finds that her tenuous hold on the city requires some hard sacrifices. This season features some of the most explosive scenes yet, as the promise that "winter is coming" becomes more ominous than ever before."--Container.
- DVD 11571
- Game of thrones
- After the shocking developments at the end of season 5 -- including Jon Snow's bloody fate at the hands of Castle Black mutineers, Daenerys' near-demise at the fighting pits of Meereen, and Cersei's public humiliation in the streets of King's Landing -- survivors from all parts of Westeros and Essos regroup to press forward, inexorably, towards their uncertain individual fates. Familiar faces will forge new alliances to bolster their strategic chances at survival, while new characters will emerge to challenge the balance of power in the east, west, north and south.
- DVD 11922
- Game of thrones.
- In the third season of the HBO hit drama series Game of Thrones, the Lannisters barely hold on to the throne after a savage naval onslaught from Stannis Baratheon, while stirrings in the north threaten to alter the overall balance of power. Robb Stark, King in the North, faces major calamity in his efforts to build on his victories over the Lannisters while beyond the Wall, Mance Rayder and his huge army of wildlings continue their inexorable march south. Across the Narrow Sea, Daenerys Targaryen- reunited with her three fast-maturing dragons- attempts to raise an army to sail with her from Essos, in hopes of eventually claiming the Iron Throne. In Season 3 of this original series based on George R. R. Martin's bestselling books, the battling families of Westeros continue to clash as bonds are strained, loyalties are tested, and cruel fates are met.
- DVD 10135
- New Orleans, 38 months after. The city's musicians, chefs, Mardi Gras Indians, and others continue to rebuild their lives in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. But the promise of recovery, heightened by the historic election of a new president, is tempered by sobering economics, continued police corruption, and the ongoing specter of violence and crime. In these five final episodes of Treme, New Orleans' protagonists strive to build their own legacy in this most iconic of American cities.
- DVD 13086
- Rampant crime and government ineptitude continue to cripple the city's recovery, with outside profiteers looking to cash in on short-term gains. The series' focus is still on ordinary people, but they no longer accept their lack of influence on the institutions that have controlled the city.
- DVD 13085