Films & Other Videos
Films with: Stevenson, Robert Louis
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- Dr. Jekyll, an idealistic London doctor, has a weakness for experiments which take him to the boundaries of human consciousness and experience. When Sir George Carew, father of the girl Jekyll loves, accuses him of being afraid of temptation, he finds a drug which allows him to separate the evil side of his personality from the good; as Edward Hyde, he embarks upon a career of crime.
- DVD 179
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- A doctor experiments in order to turn himself into a fiend.
- DVD 4180
- I walked with a zombie
- I walked with a zombie: A young Canadian nurse comes to the West Indies to care for the wife of a plantation manager, who suffers from a strange catatonic condition, and learns about local voodoo practices in her search for a cure. Robert Louis Stevenson's The body snatcher: A surgeon and teacher of anatomy needs fresh cadavers for classroom demonstrations and pays a sinister cabman to supply them. When the cemeteries become more closely guarded, the cabman turns to other means to provide the bodies.
- DVD 4366
- Jean Renoir
- Whirlpool of fate: after the suspicious death of her father a young girl runs away from her brutal uncle and joins a gypsy camp. Nana: A women rises from poverty to become a dance hall queen and courtesan in 1860s Paris, destroying the lives of the men who fall in love with her. Charleston parade: shows the journey of a man in blackface to a post-Apocalyptic Paris, where he meets a girl who teaches him the Charleston, and they leave together in his spaceship. The little match girl: the visions seen by a poor match seller as she lights her matches one by one to keep from freezing to death. La Marseillaise: a dramatization of the French Revolution, from the period immediately preceding it in 1789 up to the first bloody confrontation. The doctor's horrible experiment: experimental fantasy about a Jekyll/Hyde-type psychiatrist/lunatic creating havoc in 1950s Paris. The elusive corporal: set in a German P.O.W. camp in 1940, this is the story of a French corporal who is determined to escape to return to Paris and fight once more.
- DVD 8642
- Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island
- Long John Silver and a cabin boy match wits in this outstanding Disney tale.
- DVD 2574
- Treasure planet
- Jim is a young man who grew up reading tales of pirates and adventures on the high seas, and longs for similar excitement in his own life. One day a dying man hands him a map and gives him a warning. Upon careful examination, Jim realizes the map charts the course to Treasure Planet, a distant world where hundreds of space pirates have stashed their loot. Jim is certain this is the adventure he's been dreaming of and sets out to find the fabled Treasure Planet.
- DVD 9606