Films & Other Videos
Films with: Steele, Barbara
- Herman Wouk's War and remembrance
- One week after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, sweeping the United States into World War Ii, the Henry family is forever changed by the war in the Pacific, and the horror of the Holocaust.
- DVD 4536
- Junge Törless Young Törless /
- Young Törless is to go to boarding school. His experiences there, the merciless torments of the pupils among themselves and the unsatisfactory answers of his teachers make it clear to Törless that good and bad cannot be differentiated in life. The boy leaves the boarding school at his own request after a short while. The incipient social and personal deformation in Musil's novel is skillfully implemented by Schlöndorff in close correspondence with the text but also in a more distant manner.
- DVD 3370
- Maggie McKeown (Menzies) is a private investigator tracing a couple missing in rural Texas. She meets recluse Paul Grogan (Dillman) whom she recruits to help her. They trace the couple to a supposedly deserted Army base where they drain a pool looking for the missing couple. Mad scientist Dr. Robert Hoak (McCarthy) then appears, and informs them that they have just released a school of super-bred killer piranha into the river. Hoak had been hired by the Army to develop an indestrutible strain of piranha to infest the rivers of Vietnam, but the war ended before the fish were ready. Meanwhile, the fish are heading downstream toward a summer camp where the children (Grogan's daughter among them) are about to have an inner-tube race.
- DVD 464
- An experiment by a "mad" doctor to replace dying organs with a parasite goes terribly wrong, infecting the inhabitants of a self-contained apartment complex.
- DVD 8678