Films & Other Videos
Films with: Schneider, Ken
- Born in the U.S.A. a documentary about childbirth in America /
- Surveys childbirth in the United States, and the different choices women have, between hospitals, birthing centers and home births, for having their babies. Shows women in each circumstances having their children, the choices they have, the support and care given at hospitals, by midwives, and the increased involvement of family members.
- DVD 3987
- New metropolis
- "A two-part documentary series about America's first suburbs. America's 'first' suburbs, those suburban communities built next to America's urban centers, were once the birthplace of the American Dream. ... Sixty years later, many of these original suburbs are facing a crisis: a dwindling tax base, population and business loss, decaying infrastructure, increased racial tensions and white flight. ... [These two] half-hour documentaries use compelling, personal stories to highlight these important issues"--Container.
- DVD 6925
- Speaking in tongues
- "Closely following four very different local public-schoolers through an academic year, [the producers] draw on subtle nuances of the kids' stories to illustrate the complex shades and permutations of bilingual schooling. Two children are placed in immersion programs to retain their native tongues while learning English, and the other two are in the reverse situation. Their parents list both familiar and surprising reasons for enrolling their children, but each remains a strong proponent of the programs despite criticism from extended family, friends and a loud chorus of English-only activists. Even while dismissing common barbs, the families must confront unique challenges both humorous and serious."--PatchWorks Films website.
- DVD 7713
- Tricycle solution teachable moments for parents and preschoolers /
- This video, which was filmed over the course of a year at a cooperative nursery school, shows children, parents, and teachers experiencing a spectrum of interactions and emotions as they arise in the course of a school day.
- DVD 8534