Films & Other Videos
Films with: Sawyer, Diane
- ABCs of discrimination
- Programs examine various forms of discrimination by race, sex, age, physical appearance, and voice.
- DVD 8731
- Punishing parents who is responsible for delinquent kids? /
- John Stossel gathers opinions in the heated debate over accountability for a child's delinquent actions by talking with parents, children, teens, survivors, and the judges who are handing down rulings on where exactly to place blame. Suits against parents for alleged criminal negligence in cases of school shootings, underage drinking and drug use, DWI-related deaths involving minors, and acts of vandalism are addressed. Indecent behavior on and off school grounds is also discussed.
- DVD 2432
- Update on the kids from Camden keeping hopes and dreams alive /
- Diane Sawyer updates viewers on three young people first introduced on the program in January 2007: 4 year-old Ivan Stevens, 17 year-old Billy Joe Marrero, and 6 year-old Andrieana "Moochie" Rodriguez, all from Camden, New Jersey, one of the poorest cities in the United States. Provides an update on the three after overwhelming response from viewers, which included financial donations to the children and their families.
- DVD 6523
- Waiting on the world to change poverty in Camden, New Jersey /
- Moorestown, New Jersey, has been designated "the best place to live in America." Ten minutes away is Camden, the poorest city in America, also known as Murder City, USA. During a period of 18 months, Diane Sawyer follows the lives of three youngsters who are used to seeing drug deals on street corners and hearing gunfire at night. What is it like for kids to live with no electricity, rushing to finish homework before sundown? To have no food to eat before school? To sleep on the floor with roaches, grateful just to have a roof overhead? Four-year-old Ivan is homeless and hungry, but looks forward to learning to read in kindergarten. Seventeen-year-old Billy Joe is determined to graduate from high school and get an honest job to help his family. Six-year-old Moochie lives in a dysfunctional family and dreams of getting a good education. All they need is the opportunity to prove themselves.
- DVD 6524