Films & Other Videos
Films with: Poupaud, Melvil
- Broken English
- Nora Wilder is a thirty-something Manhattanite plugging away at her job, but her quest for love consistently results in falling flat on her face. After a series of disastrous first dates, she meets Julien, a quirky Frenchman with an unabashed passion for living. Inevitably, Nora discovers she must look inward before finding a new outlook on life and love.
- DVD 4828
- Heure zero Towards zero /
- When Guillaume has the idea of inviting his ex-wife to the family reunion at the estate of his Aunt Camilla, his new wife Caroline becomes filled with rage. Guillaume hopes they will become friends but the two women hate each other. Things turn really ugly when Camilla is found dead in her bedroom, and only inspector Bataille can put together the pieces. As the inspector untangles her mysterious death, he also begins to unearth dark family secrets including a murderer in their midst.
- DVD 11826
- This film follows the degradation of Captain Alfred Dreyfus, a victim of the widespread anti-semitism in the French army (and in France) in which he served. Much of the film is seen through the viewpoint of Colonel Picquart, who was instrumental in the eventual vindication of Dreyfus.
- DVD 13405
- Laurence anyways
- In the '90s, Laurence tells his girlfriend Fred that he wants to become a woman. In spite of the odds, they confront the prejudices of their friends, ignore the counsel of their families, and brave the phobias of the society they offend. For ten years, they try to live through this transition, and embark on an epic journey which, unbeknownst to them, may cost Fred and Laurence their love.
- DVD 10030
- A poor French teenager embarks on a love affair with a wealthy Chinese man in 1929 French colonial Vietnam, defying the boundaries of age, race and class.
- DVD 3911