Films & Other Videos
Films with: Plummer, Christopher
- Alexander revisited the final cut /
- The story of Alexander the Great, who in 4th century BC conquered ninety percent of the known world of the time by defeating Greece, Persia, Afghanistan, and India in just eight years.
- DVD 9261
- All the money in the world
- Follows the kidnapping of 16-year-old John Paul Getty III and the desperate attempt by his devoted mother, Gail, to convince his billionaire grandfather to pay the ransom. When Getty Sr. refuses, Gail attempts to sway him as her son's captors become increasingly volatile and brutal. With her son's life in the balance, Gail and Getty Sr.'s adviser become unlikely allies in the race against time that ultimately reveals the true and lasting value of love over money. Inspired by historical events. Certain scenes, characters and dialogue have been fictionalized for dramatic purposes.
- DVD 12669
- American tail
- A Russian mouse lands in New York in the 1880s, only to be separated from his family. He must now learn to live on the streets and evade the mean cats.
- DVD 6544
- American tragedy
- This is the story the public never saw of the high profile attorneys of the O.J. Simpson murder trial. What started as a cohesive defense team ends up as a fractured and tarnished group of disagreeing attorneys. Interspersed with real footage of the media coverage.
- DVD 784
- Edward, a veteran filmmaker of Armenian descent, is in Toronto shooting a film about the Siege of Van, which lead to the genocide of over a million Armenian people at the hands of Turkish troops. Raffi has been sent to Turkey to shoot background footage for the film. Raffi's mother Ani, an author and historian, is also involved in the project as a consultant. As Raffi attempts to re-enter Canada with cans of exposed film, he's detained by David, a suspicious customs official who has his own tenuous link to the film.
- DVD 1788
- Beautiful Mind
- The true story of a troubled Princeton mathematician who is able to overcome years of suffering from schizophrenia to win the Nobel Prize.
- DVD 1644
- A young man is rocked by two announcements from his elderly father: that he has terminal cancer, and that he has a young male lover.
- DVD 8641
- Danny Collins
- Aging rocker Danny Collins can't give up his hard-living ways. But when his manager uncovers a 40-year-old undelivered letter written to him by John Lennon, he decides to change course and embarks on a heartfelt journey to rediscover his family, find true love and begin a second act.
- DVD 11104
- Doll's house
- Nora is a woman who is sheltered first by her father and then by her husband. All her life, she has been protected like a fragile possession ... like a doll in a doll's house. After she marries, she becomes frustrated and realizes that under the dominance of her husband, she will never have an identity of her own. Nora leaves her husband and children to find a new life for herself.
- DVD 8018
- Dolores Claiborne
- Eighteen years ago the town accused Dolores Claiborne of murdering her husband in cold blood. Now a woman lies dead and a switness finds Dolores standing over the body. He daughter is the only one who can save her life and tghe only thing that stands between guilt and innocence is the evil secret that made the daughter run away ten years ago.
- DVD 2003
- Eugene O'Neill a documentary film /
- Eugene O'Neill was one of the greatest playwrights in American history. Through his experimental and emotionally probing dramas, he addressed the difficulties of human society with a deep psychological complexity.
- DVD 9685
- A German soldier tries to determine if the Dutch resistance has planted a spy to infiltrate the home of Kaiser Wilhelm in Holland during the onset of World War II, but falls for a young Jewish Dutch woman during his investigation.
- DVD 12313
- First circle
- "Russia. December 1949. Stalin rules through a brutal regime of terror and systematized torture"--Container.
- DVD 1048
- Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
- The immortal Dr. Parnassus and his daughter Valentina travel the countryside with his imaginarium show, a mirror that audience members enter and are given two different paths to follow. If they choose correctly they will find joy and happiness, but choose wrongly and things will be quite the opposite. The doctor must also discover the right course to follow. After making a deal with Mr. Nick years ago, he must choose the correct path if he is to save his beloved daughter from Satan.
- DVD 7435
- Inside man
- NYPD Detective Keith Frazier struggles to outsmart Dalton, a high-stakes bank robber who, along with a well-trained crew of accomplices, has seized control of a Wall Street bank. The robbers turn what initially looks like a hostage crisis into a personal crusade to expose some mysterious evil secrets. As the dangerous cat-and-mouse game unfolds, Madaline, a power broker with her own agenda, emerges and injects even more instability into an already volatile situation.
- DVD 4633
- When former executive Jeffrey Wigand is fired by his employer, one of the largest tobacco companies in America, Wigand agrees to become a paid consultant for a story by veteran 60 Minutes producer Lowell Bergman, regarding alleged unethical practices within the tobacco industry. But what begins as a temporary alliance leads to a lengthy battle for both men to save their reputations and more.
- DVD 256
- Knives out
- A tribute to mystery mastermind Agatha Christie and a fun, modern-day murder mystery where everyone is a suspect. When renowned crime novelist Harlan Thrombey is found dead at his estate just after his 85th birthday, the inquisitive and debonair Detective Benoit Blanc is mysteriously enlisted to investigate. From Harlan's dysfunctional family to his devoted staff, Blanc sifts through a web of red herrings and self-serving lies to uncover the truth behind Harlan's untimely death.
- DVD 13313
- Last station
- In honor of his newly created religion, Russian novelist Leo Tolstoy renounces his title, property, and family in favor of poverty and celibacy. For the Countess Sofya, his wife of nearly fifty years, this is the last straw! After she discovers his plans to leave the rights to his iconic novels to the Russian people rather than his own family, she decides to use every trick of seduction in her considerable arsenal, to fight for what she believes is rightfully hers.
- DVD 7557
- Murder by decree
- Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson conduct a gruesome and dangerous search through London's squalid east end for the legendary Jack the Ripper. They soon discover that he is no ordinary murderer, but one with influential and determined friends.
- DVD 1874
- My dog Tulip
- The story of a man who rescues a German shepherd and how the two become fast friends.
- DVD 8667
- New world
- Set amidst the first encounter of European and Native American cultures during the founding of the Jamestown Virginia settlement in 1607. Tell the classic tale of Pocahontas and her relationships with adventurer John Smith and aristocrat John Rolfe. This woman's journey of love lost and found again takes her from the untouched beauty of the Virginia wilderness to the upper crust of English society as we witness the dawn of a new America.
- DVD 4639
- Nicholas Nickleby
- Nicholas becomes the head of the family when his father dies unexpectedly. Keeping watch over his mother and his sister Kate becomes an even greater challenge when Nicholas discovers that his father lost the family fortune due to ill-advised investments. Without a shilling to his name, Nicholas turns to his wealthy but unforgiving Uncle Ralph for help.
- DVD 3965
- Nuremberg les Nazis face à leurs crimes = Nuremberg : the Nazis facing their crimes /
- "Nuremberg, November 20, 1945--The trials of Nazi war criminals begins in a city still in ruins, barely six months after the Germans' surrender. The United States, France, Great Britain and the USSR unite to deliver exemplary justice in response to crimes against peace and, for the first time in history, to "crimes against humanity". On the accused bench sit 21 of the highest Nazi dignitaries, including Hermann Göring, Rudolph Hess, Joachim von Ribbentrop and Wilhelm Keitel. They all plead not guilty, although the "atrocities" committed are tremendous. As evidence, films of the liberation of the concentration camps would be screened, an unprecedented move, during the proceedings. Evidence is presented, confrontations arise, testimonies of executioners and victims are heard. After 10 months of hearings, the verdict is rendered: 12 defendants sentenced to death penalties, including one in absentia, seven sentenced to prison and three acquitted. Thus ends the trial that paved the way for the creation of international tribunals."--Container.
- DVD 5348
- A suspense-filled story of Zev, an Auschwitz survivor who discovers that the Nazi guard who murdered his family some seventy years ago is living in America under an assumed identity. With the aid of a friend, Zev sets out on a gripping journey that tests both his will and his fading memory as it brings him closer to the retribution he seeks.
- DVD 12780
- Rudyard Kipling's The man who would be king
- Danny Dravot and Peachy Carnehan leave 19th century India and set out for the isolated, primitive land of Kafiristan, whose people haven't seen an outsider in hundreds of years. Peachy becomes lord of the kingdom's treasury, a huge chamber spilling over with limitless gold and priceless rare jewels. Danny is first crowned king, then, declared a god.
- DVD 424
- Sound of music
- Julie Andrews lights up the screen as Maria, the spirited young woman who leaves the convent to become a governess to the seven young children of Captain von Trapp, an autocratic widower whose strict household rules leave no room for music or merriment.
- DVD 1809
- While running from the authorities, a pair of smugglers are recruited by the Emperor to rescue his missing son and track down a mysterious super weapon designed by an evil count. Their wild adventure takes them through time and space as they battle giant robots, cavemen, and Amazons.
- DVD 11282
- As a career CIA operative, Bob Barnes begins to uncover the disturbing truth about the work he has devoted his life to. An up-and-coming oil broker, Bryan Woodman faces an unimaginable family tragedy and finds redemption in his partnership with idealistic Gulf Prince Nasir al-Subaai. Corporate lawyer, Bennett Holiday faces a moral dilemma as he finesses the questionable merger of two powerful U.S. oil companies Across the globe, a disenfranchised Wasim Khan, a Pakistani teenager, falls prey to the recruiting efforts of a charismatic cleric. Each plays their small part in the vast and complex system that powers the industry, unaware of the explosive impact their lives will have upon the world.
- DVD 4616
- Follows the story of Prospero, the banished Duke of Milan. Marooned on a distant island with his daughter, Miranda, Prospero has spent twelve years perfecting his magic arts. Now, with the help of the sprit Ariel, he raises a storm at sea, bringing within his grasp the enemies who robbed him of his dukedom.
- DVD 9594
- Thorn birds
- The epic story of a priest torn between God and human passion and a beautiful girl desiring only what she cannot have, spanning five decades of ambition, fear, longing and revenge, and set against the vast horizons of Australia's Outback.
- DVD 6144
- Carl Fredericksen is a 78- year-old curmudgeon. He used to enjoy his modest life as a balloon seller when his adventure-loving wife Ellie was still alive. When she died, Carl was left with his memories and the awareness that they never made their dream journey to Paradise Falls in South America. When well-meaning officials consign Carl to Shady Oaks Retirement Home, he rigs thousands of helium balloons to his house and floats away. He discovers that Russell, a chubby Wilderness Explorer Scout has stowed away. In the tropical jungle, Carl and Russell find more than they bargained for. Charles Muntz is a crazed explorer whose newsreels once inspired Carl and Ellie; Kevin is an exotic bird with a weakness for chocolate; and Dug who is an endearingly golden retriever fitted with a voice box. More importantly, Carl and Russell discover they need each other.
- DVD 7212