Films & Other Videos
Films with: Pisier, Marie-France
- Amour en fuite
- The further amorous adventures of Antoine Doinel. This fifth time out, the women from Doinel's past resurface to challenge his emotions.
- DVD 724
- Céline et Julie vont en bateau Celine and Julie go boating : Phantom ladies over Paris /
- "Whiling away a summer in Paris, director Jacques Rivette, working in close collaboration with his stars and coconspirators Juliet Berto and Dominique Labourier, set out to rewrite the rules of cinema in the spirit of pure play--moviemaking as an anything-goes romp through the labyrinths of imagination. The result is one of the most exuberantly inventive and utterly enchanting films of the French New Wave, in which Julie (Labourier), a daydreaming librarian, meets Céline (Berto), an enigmatic magician, and together they become the heroines of a time-warping adventure involving a haunted house, psychotropic candy, and a murder-mystery melodrama. Incorporating allusions to everything from Lewis Carroll to Louis Feuillade, Céline and Julie Go Boating is both one of the all-time-great hangout comedies and a totally unique, enveloping cinematic dream space that delights in the endless pleasures and possibilities of stories"--Container.
- DVD 13428
- Dans Paris Inside Paris /
- Paul, depressed from his recent break-up with Anna, returns home to live with his divorced father and womanizing, slacking younger brother, Jonathan. With little success, his carefree sibling and doting father try to cheer him up with women, wine, and home-cooked meals. When, in the midnight hour, Paul is forced to entertain one of his brother's desperate girlfriends, he begins to realize that while things never go according to plan, family and the pursuit of love are always worth the fight.
- DVD 5524
- Inch'Allah dimanche Inch'Allah Sunday /
- Film about the "family reunion," the French government's euphemism for a 1974 law allowing Algerian wives to rejoin their husbands working in France. Strong-willed Zouina parts tearfully from her mother in the port of Algiers; once in France, she and her three small children are at the mercy of her mother-in-law and confused by the strange customs of their local grocer and garden-obsessed neighbor. The radio is her only window on life and on the women of this new country.
- DVD 6373
- Temps retrouvé Time regained /
- Set in 1922, this film opens with Proust on his deathbed remembering his life. Gradually his own experiences give way to the characters in his novel.
- DVD 1432
- Two short films by François Truffaut Les Mistons ; Antoine & Colette.
- The mischief makers in Les mistons are five boys who spend a summer pursuing and harassing a young couple in love. Antoine et Colette is the second installment of the "Antoine Doinel" series, in which the young man at 18 falls in love with an older student who doesn't return his feeling.
- DVD 914