Films & Other Videos
Films with: Low, John E.
- Bannon's war
- President Trump's advisor Stephen Bannon's war, with radical Islam, Washington, and White House rivals. The story of Bannon's fight to deliver on Trump's promises, with a confrontational style based on his personal crusade to dramatically transform America.
- DVD 12231
- Lost in detention : President Obama's tough immigration enforcement /
- More than one million immigrants have been deported since President Obama took office. Deportations and detentions have reached record levels. The get-tough policy has brought complaints of abuse and harsh treatment. Now viewers can investigate Obama's enforcement strategies and journey into the secretive world of immigrant detention, while getting a penetrating look at who is being detained and what is happening to them.
- DVD 8797
- Poverty, politics & profits the housing crisis /
- Looks into reasons why despite billions of dollars going into subsidized housing for the poor, many in need experience difficulty acquiring adequate housing. Explores racial inequality in the housing market.
- DVD 12230
- Rise of ISIS
- In The Rise of ISIS, Martin Smith (Gangs of Iraq; Beyond Baghdad) draws on in-depth interviews with Iraqi politicians, and American policymakers and military leaders to explore and explain how the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) became a major force so quickly. What does it mean for the U.S. to be back in Iraq, fighting a new war on terror, less than three years after American troops pulled out of the country? Smith delivers a revelatory look at how ISIS grew out of the disaffection of Iraqi Sunnis who were sidelined and targeted by Shia Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki after the American withdrawal. The film traces how they gained strength in Syria, how they're funded, how they operate, and how, city by city, from Ramadi to Fallujah to Mosul, ISIS swept across Iraq--seizing territory, recording and broadcasting mass executions, and drawing recruits from an estimated 80 countries. With ISIS continuing to take and hold territory in Iraq and Syria despite U.S. and coalition airstrikes, and President Obama's foreign policy legacy hanging in the balance, The Rise of ISIS is the definitive account of how the U.S. has reached this point.
- DVD 10878
- Trump's road to the White House
- An investigation of how Donald Trump defied expectations to win the presidency. Through interviews with key players, the film shows how Trump rallied millions of supporters, defeated adversaries, and who he's bringing into the White House with him.
- DVD 12177