Films & Other Videos
Films with: Louis, Daniel
- Invasions barbares The barbarian invasions /
- It's not easy for a narrow-minded professor to reconcile with his equally stubborn son. But soon, father and son find themselves gathering with their wide and colorful circle of family and friends to confirm their differences, confess their secrets, and celebrate life.
- DVD 2829
- Ma vie en cinémascope Bittersweet memories /
- "À 5 ans, elle fait déjà fureur à Québec. À 13 ans, elle séduit le Tout-Montréal sous le nom d'Alys Robi. Elle a conquis le monde jusqu'à Hollywood où les studios la convoitent et la presse l'idolâtre. Alors au sommet de sa popularité, Alys Robi est internée, malgré elle, par son père. Les autorités médicales suggèrent alors la seule opération possible: la lobotomie. De la salle d'opération, Alys voit ses 28 ans de vie défiler sous ses yeux... Alys Robi incarne le rêve américain. Une histoire de triomphe, de gloire, d'amour, mais aussi une histoire qui dissimule une horrible vérité qui fera tout basculer"--Conteneur. "At only 5 years old, she was already a hit in Québec. At 13, she conquered the big city, Montréal, using the name Alys Robi. She captivated the world, including Hollywood, where studios wanted to sign her and the press idolized her. But at the height of her popularity, she was institutionalized against her will by her father. Medical authorities suggested one treatment: lobotomy. Under the operating room's blinding lights, Alys sees the 28 years of her life flash before her eyes ... Alys Robi personified the American dream. Hers is a story of triumph, glory and love. But beneath it all lurked a horrible truth that completely changed her life"--Container.
- DVD 3770
- Mambo italiano
- Fifty years ago, Gino and Maria came to Canada, and never quite recovered. Now, their son Angelo breaks the news ... he wants to quit his job and he's in love with his best friend. Tradition is undone, and family is going to take on a whole new meaning.
- DVD 4530
- Maurice Richard The Rocket /
- Maurice Richard had a dream to play in the National Hockey League. Through hardships and hard work, he became a hero. This film is the extraordinary true story of the man they called The Rocket, who led a team to greatness, inspired a generation, gave passion to his country and brought a national sport to the world.
- DVD 5071
- Surviving progress
- Technological advancement, economic development, population increase - are they signs of a thriving society, or too much of a good thing? Executive produced by Martin Scorsese, 'Surviving Progress' is a provocative documentary that explores the concept of progress in the modern world, guiding through the major 'progress traps' facing civilization in the arenas of technology, economics, consumption, and the environment.
- DVD 9671