Films & Other Videos
Films with: Lewton, Val
- Cat people The curse of the cat people /
- Cat People : Irena Dubrovna, a beautiful and mysterious Serbian-born fashion artist living in New York City, falls in love with and marries average-Joe American Oliver Reed. Their marriage suffers though, as Irena believes that she suffers from an ancient curse- whenever emotionally aroused, she will turn into a panther and kill. Includes commentary by Greg Mank with Simone Simon, and theatrical trailer. The Curse of the Cat People: Amy is a very imaginative child who has trouble differentiating fantasy from reality, and has no friends her own age as a result. She makes an imaginary friend though, her father's dead first wife Irena.
- DVD 4361
- I walked with a zombie
- I walked with a zombie: A young Canadian nurse comes to the West Indies to care for the wife of a plantation manager, who suffers from a strange catatonic condition, and learns about local voodoo practices in her search for a cure. Robert Louis Stevenson's The body snatcher: A surgeon and teacher of anatomy needs fresh cadavers for classroom demonstrations and pays a sinister cabman to supply them. When the cemeteries become more closely guarded, the cabman turns to other means to provide the bodies.
- DVD 4366
- Isle of the dead
- Isle of the dead (72 min.): Boris Karloff shares a quarantined house with other strangers on a plague-infested (and perhaps spirit-haunted) island. Bedlam (79 min.): Karloff plays the doomed overseer of St. Mary's of Bethlehem Asylum in 1761 London.
- DVD 4362
- Leopard man the ghost ship /
- The Leopard Man (66 min.): a nightclub performer in New Mexico takes a leashed leopard into the club as a publicity gimmick. But her rival, angered by the attempt to upstage, scares the animal and it bolts. In the days that follow, people are mauled. Includes commentary by William Friedkin and theatrical trailer. The Ghost Ship (69 min.): Tom Merriam signs on the ship Altair as third officer under Captain Stone. At first things look good, Stone sees Merriam as a younger version of himself and Merriam sees Stone as the first adult to ever treat him as a friend. But after a couple strange deaths of crew members, Merriam begins to think Stone is a psychopathic madman obsessed with authority.--IMDb
- DVD 4363
- Seventh victim
- Mary Gibson, a naive orphan, goes to Manhatten to find her missing sister Jacqueline. Her investigation leads her to Jacqueline's secret husband, and also to a strange cult of Diabolists who are also hunting Jacqueline.
- DVD 4277