Films & Other Videos
Films with: Leeman, Lisa
- Crazy wisdom the life and time of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche /
- Explores the arrival of Tibetan Buddhism in America through the story of Chogyam Trungpa, who landed in the U.S. in 1970. Trungpa became renowned for translating ancient Buddhist concepts into language and ideas that Westerners could understand and shattered preconceived notions about how an enlightened teacher should behave. Initially rejected, his teachings are now recognized by western philosophers and spiritual leaders as authentic and profound.
- DVD 13101
- Death a love story /
- A colorful and thought provoking portrait of the greatest challenge we must all one day face. Married to Michelle LeBrun for only two years, Mel Howard was diagnosed with terminal liver cancer. Howard at first rejected traditional cancer treatments in favor of alternative therapy, and then embraced chemotherapy and liver transplants as last-ditch attempts to save his life. The film's ultimate focus is on Howard's spiritual progression as he adjusts to the notion of his passing.
- DVD 4177
- It was a wonderful life
- Meet Josephine, Reena, Marie, Jeanette, Lou, and Terry. These intelligent and articulate women once had secure, active and fulfilling lives. That is until one day when everything unraveled. Now living out of their cars or in cheap hotels, they exist entirely under the radar, too proud to go to shelter or to even receive public assistance.
- DVD 4228
- Made in L.A. Hecho en Los Angeles /
- "Made in L.A. traces the moving transformation of three Latina garment workers on the fault lines of global economic change who decide they must resist. Through a groundbreaking law suit and consumer boycott, they fight to establish an important legal and moral precedent holding an American retailer liable for the labor conditions under which its products are manufactured. But more than this, Made in LA provides an insider's view into both the struggles of recent immigrants and into the organizing process itself: the enthusiasm, discouragement, hard-won victories and ultimate self-empowerment."--Distributor.
- DVD 6827
- Naked in ashes
- "The bearers of a 7,000 year old legacy, the yogis give up everything to seek self-realization. A young boy undergoes a secret initiation. On pilgrimage through the Himalayas, he journeys to the holiest festival on earth"--Publisher's website.
- DVD 5806
- Origins of Yoga
- "Often seen as an exercise regime, Yoga is much deeper. It is a Path to the Divine, and its origins are shrouded in antiquity...This Path to the Inner Self is detailed by Georg Feuerstein, Ph. D., author of thirty books on Yoga and the Yogis themselves, as they live it today in India"--Container.
- DVD 5974