Films & Other Videos
Films with: Laurent, Christine
- Bande des quatre Gang of four /
- "Anna, Joyce, Claude and Lucia are all students under the tutelage of Constance Dumas. Lucia moves in with the other girls in a small house outside of Paris. Soon after, Lucia is attacked on the street outside her home and saved by a mysterious stranger. Then she discovers that the stranger is involved with all the girls and is hiding a dark secret inside the house." -- Back cover.
- DVD 1411
- Belle noiseuse
- An intimately epic exploration of the convergence between artistry and eroticism. Edouard Frenhofer is a reclusive painter living in the French countryside with his wife. Their lives are radically upended with the arrival of a younger artist and his girlfriend, who becomes the muse that awakens Edouard's fading passions. Rivette creates a layered character study, while also offering an immersive meditation on the creative process.
- DVD 13437
- Duchesse de Langeais Duchess of Langeais /
- "In Majorca, in 1823, a French general, Armand de Montriveau, overhears a cloistered nun singing in a chapel; he insists on speaking to her. She is Antoinette, for five years he has searched for her. Flash back to their meeting in Paris, he recently returned from Africa, she married and part of the highest society. She flirts with him, and soon he's captivated. His behavior is possessive, insistent. Then, it is her turn to become obsessed. Letters, balls, scandal, a kidnapping, and an ultimatum bring her to the cloister and him to melancholy"--IMdB.
- DVD 7770
- Jeanne la Pucelle
- Film tells the story of Joan of Arc. Battles describes her early life, hearing the voices, and the victory over the English. Prisons describes her capture, imprisonment, trial, and execution.
- DVD 2108