Films & Other Videos
Films with: Lara, Alexandra Maria
- Affaire farewell
- In 1981 after the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. U.S.-Soviet relations are at their lowest point in more than a decade. A French businessman based in Moscow, Pierre Froment, makes an unlikely connection with Grigoriev, a senior KGB officer disenchanted with what the Communist ideal has become under Brezhnev. Grigoriev begins passing him highly sensitive information about the Soviet spy network in the U.S.
- DVD 8268
- Ian Curtis has aspirations beyond the trappings of small town life in 1970s England. Wanting to emulate his musical heroes, he joins a band, and his musical ambition begins to thrive. Soon though, the everyday fears and emotions, fueled by his music, slowly begin to eat away at him. Married young, with a daughter, he is distracted from his family commitments by a new love and the growing expectations of his band, Joy Division. The strain manifests itself in his health. With epilepsy adding to his guilt and desperation, depression takes hold. Surrendering to the weight on his shoulder, Ian's tortured soul consumes him and leads him to commit suicide at the age of 23.
- DVD 5474
- Doctor Zhivago
- Czarist Russia, 1897 - war and revolution bring poet and physician Yury Zhivago together with the beautiful Lara, his muse and all-consuming passion. But, both Yury and Lara are haunted - he by guilt over his betrayal of Tonya, his beloved wife, and Lara by fear of Komarovsky, the powerful man who means to have her any way he can.
- DVD 2583
- Takes you into Hitler's bunker, in 1945, during the brutal and harrowing last days of the Third Reich. Seen through the eyes of Hitler's infamous secretary Traudl Junge, optimism crumbles into grim realization and terror as it becomes clear that Germany's defeat is inevitable. As the Russian army circles the city, the dimly lit halls of the underground refuge become an execution chamber for the Fuhrer and his closest advisors.
- DVD 3823
- Tunnel The tunnel /
- "Tells the incredible true story of a massive underground escape attempt from East to West Berlin. Anti-communist East German swimming champion Harry Melchior narrowly escapes the Communist regime just after the Berlin Wall is completed, and is determined to rescue his beloved sister, whom he was forced to leave behind" -- Container.
- DVD 7465