Films & Other Videos
Films with: Lapine, James
- Brazenly forward George Sand and frail, romantic Frederic Chopin are drawn together as lovers by an unnerving bond that cannot be broken despite the best efforts of those around them to keep them apart.
- DVD 8393
- Into the woods
- The fairy tale characters of Little Red Ridinghood, Cinderella, and Jack (and the Beanstalk) are linked together with the characters of a baker and his wife. Their stories intertwine as they all search for something different in the woods. After they have all found happiness, they must band together to fight a giant.
- DVD 4226
- Into the woods
- A modern twist on several of the beloved Brothers Grimm fairy tales, intertwining the plots of a few choice stories and exploring the consequences of the characters' wishes and quests. This humorous and heartfelt musical follows the classic tales of Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, and Rapunzel, all tied together by an original story involving a baker and his wife, their wish to begin a family and their interaction with the witch who has put a curse on them.
- DVD 10918
- "In 19th century Italy, handsome soldier Giorgio is embroiled in a steamy affair with lovely, and married, Clara. Giorgio is transferred from Milan to a remote military outpost, where he comes in contact with the ailing, homely Fosca, his commanding officer's cousin. Fosca falls instantly and deeply in love with Giorgio, who resists her affections. Gradually, she reveals, and Giorgio learns to appreciate, what is truly beautiful about herself"--Container.
- DVD 4155
- Sunday in the park with George
- A musical interpretation of George Seurat's painting "A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte" ; based loosely on Seurat's life.
- DVD 4602