Films & Other Videos
Films with: Lalou, Serge
- Animal, des animaux Animals and more animals /
- Follow the restoration of the Zoological Department at the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in Paris in 1992.
- DVD 12128
- Belle toujours
- Thirty-eight years after their last encounter, Henri thinks he sees Severine. He blackmails her into seeing him by threatening to tell her dark secret, and slowly gets revenge on her. A sequel to the 1967 classic Belle de jour.
- DVD 6849
- Between two notes
- "What do Cairo, Tel Aviv, Beirut, Damascus and Aleppo have in common? In today's troubled world, these cities share a common heritage: that of classical Arab music. Filmmaker Florence Strauss sets out from Paris in search of the roots of this timeless art, while uncovering a hidden aspect of her own identity. This sensual road movie pays tribute to the musicians and poets who, through their art, perpetuate a part of Middle Eastern history. An ode to the blending of cultures, the film celebrates the generosity of a land once associated with the Garden of Eden. Linking people, music and place, it establishes a new kind of spatial-temporal unity: one of the last utopias. Between Two Notes is, above all, music from the heart that conveys the history of our humanity in all its complexity"--Container.
- DVD 5171
- Mobutu, roi du Zaire
- "The definitive visual record of the rise and fall of Joseph Désiré Mobutu, ruler of Zaire (the Congo) for over 30 years. Drawing upon 140 hours of rare archival material found in Kinshasa, and 50 hours of interviews with those once close to him, it tells the story of the man at the heart of Central Africa's post-colonial history"--Container.
- DVD 4009
- Born in the jungles of Borneo, Nenette is a 40-year-old orangutan, and the oldest (and most beloved) inhabitant at the Menagerie du Jardin des Plantes in Paris. The latest film by documentarian Nicolas Philibert (To Be and to Have), it's a captivating study of an energetic animal and our relationship to her.
- DVD 12093
- Pays des sourds = In the land of the deaf
- A documentary that takes the viewer into the land of the deaf, a world of silence inhabited by an estimated 130 million people worldwide. The filmmaker portrays the difficulties and joys of being deaf, offering portraits of a charismatic sign language teacher, a woman forced into a mental ward as a teen, a young man who remembers the first horrifying experience of using a hearing aid, and a deaf couple's marriage.
- DVD 6845