Films & Other Videos
Films with: Lafont, Bernadette
- Bonnes femmes
- Four Parisian shop girls, Ginette, Rita, Jacqueline and Jane seek fulfillment and love. Rita has a fiance whose family is obsessed with social status. Jane has a boyfriend in the army, but she still enjoys herself with chance encounters. Ginette has a secret passion that keeps her away from her colleagues at nights. Jacqueline is lonely, but a mysterious motorcyclist constantly follows her.
- DVD 1441
- Inspecteur Lavardin
- Poiret arrives at a cozy, seaside village to investigate the bizarre murder of an eminent Catholic author. The usually cool sleuth is shaken when he discovers that the victim's widow is none other than his old flame.
- DVD 5706
- Jacques Rivette collection
- Duelle: The Queen of the Night battles the Queen of the Sun over a magical diamond that will allow the winner to remain on Earth, specifically in modern day Paris. Noroît: On an island beach a woman vows to avenge her brother's death at the hands of a pirate leader. With help, the woman spies on the pirates and then gets a job as bodyguard to the pirate leader. Merry-go-round: Elizabeth sends telegrams to her old boyfriend Ben in NYC and to her younger sister Leo in Rome to join her in Paris, where she is selling her dead father's estate. When Ben and Leo arrive, a mysterious adventure begins.
- DVD 13425
- Out 1
- Out 1: four separate stories are intercut and eventually intermix involving the members of two theatrical troupes, stolen letters, blackmail, etc. The mysteries of Paris : Jacques Rivette's Out 1 revisited: a feature-length documentary by Robert Fischer and Wilfried Reichart, containing interviews with actors Bulle Ogier, Michael Lonsdale and Hermine Karagheuz, cinematographer Pierre-William Glenn, assistant director Jean-François Stévenin and producer Stéphane Tchalgadjieff, as well as rare archival interviews with actors Jacques Doniol-Valcroze and Michel Delahaye, and director Jacques Rivette.
- DVD 11715
- Two short films by François Truffaut Les Mistons ; Antoine & Colette.
- The mischief makers in Les mistons are five boys who spend a summer pursuing and harassing a young couple in love. Antoine et Colette is the second installment of the "Antoine Doinel" series, in which the young man at 18 falls in love with an older student who doesn't return his feeling.
- DVD 914
- Waiting for the moon
- An engrossing and fascinating exploration of the complex relationship of Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas during a three-month period in 1936.
- DVD 4302