Films & Other Videos
Films with: Knudsen, Sidse Babett
- Borgen explores the insular world of high-stakes Danish politics and the press corps that covers it in instantaneous, relentless news cycles. Birgitte Nyborg, the idealistic head of the moderate party, becomes prime minister of Denmark through a political fluke and has to quickly learn the ways of power. She's an altruistic public servant in an old boys' club and must master the art of the deal overnight, manage her image and perform the impossible juggling act of maintaining a family life while serving as Denmark's first female prime minister. The rigors of public life and journalism may attract some of Denmark's finest, but they also exact a high price from all those who participate in an open democracy.--Container
- DVD 10144
- A Danish political TV series drama about a prime minister's rise to power, and how that power changes the prime minister.
- DVD 10145
- In this second season of Denmark's blockbuster political drama, viewers continue to follow the country's first female Prime Minister, Birgitte Nyborg, her cynical spin doctor, Kasper Juul, the ambitious journalist, Katrine Fn̜smark and her more seasoned colleague, Hanne Holm. Birgitte has been Denmark's Prime Minister for two years - years that have taken their toll on her private life. She must now balance her role as PM with that of divorced single mother of two.
- DVD 10146
- Efter brylluppet After the wedding /
- Jacob, a Danish expatriate, runs a struggling orphanage in one of India's poorest regions. Desperate to save the orphanage from closing, he returns to Denmark to meet Jorgen, a wealthy businessman and potential benefactor. Jorgen invites Jacob to his daughter's wedding, seemingly as a friendly gesture, but the terminally ill Jorgen is also trying to find a new husband for his wife Helene. When Jacob meets Helene, he recognizes her as a person from a past he is trying to forget. The wedding invitation leads to a devastating series of surprises that change Jacob's life and force him to make a bitter choice.
- DVD 5204
- A dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the evolution of sin -- exploring a world in which every human appetite, not matter how noble or depraved, can be indulged. Exploring what it means to be human through the eyes of the lifelike AI "hosts" in the park, the series investigates the boundaries of an exotic world set at the intersection of the near future and the reimagined past. Meticulously crafted and artfully designed. Westworld offers its guests an unparalleled, immersive world where they have the freedom to become who they've always wanted to be -- or who they never knew they were. No rules, no laws, no judgment. Live without limits.
- DVD 12618