Films & Other Videos
Films with: Knight, Esmond
- Black narcissus
- Majesty gives way to mystery, and marks a harrowing descent into madness, when a young British nun is ordered to establish a convent in the remote Himalayan mountains. Sister Clodagh (Kerr) is a serious young novitiate assigned to lead a crucial mission, with the reluctant recommendation of her Mother Superior. Together with a disparate group of nuns, Sister Clodagh will face strange peoples and customs, a harsh and unforgiving climate and a wrenching struggle with her own past that will prove the ultimate test of her devotion and faith.
- DVD 1598
- Set in England during the early days of World War II, a Danish sea captain and his passenger are kidnapped by a cell of Nazi spies operating from a basement in London's Soho. The plot progresses as a chase that puts the characters in one peculiar set of surroundings after another. Most of the story takes place under blackout conditions, in which the great city becomes a mysterious dark labyrinth.
- DVD 5305
- Element of crime
- The story of an exiled ex-cop who returns to his old beat to catch a serial killer preying on young girls. Set in Germany, the film is shot in sepia tones with brilliant blue flashes.
- DVD 1574
- Henry V
- Adaptation of Shakespeare's patriotic historical drama that celebrates the English nation and the greatness of its King. Includes medieval battle sequences with a recreation of the Battle of Agincourt.
- DVD 245
- Red shoes
- Centers on the dilemma of a young ballerina torn between the composer who loves her and the impresario determined to fashion her into a great dancer.
- DVD 528
- The film eloquently contrasts the growing pains of three young women with the immutability of the holy Bengal River in India, around which their daily lives unfold.
- DVD 1378