Films & Other Videos
Films with: Klein, William
- Couple témoin The model couple /
- The French Ministry of the Future chooses two "normal", white, middle-class citizens for a national experiment. They will be monitored and displayed on television in a model apartment outfitted with state-of-the-art products and non-stop surveillance--the template for "a new city for the new man." -- container.
- DVD 6540
- Henri Cartier-Bresson
- A world-class photojournalist, Cartier-Bresson sometimes used the moving image, in order to better make a point about which he felt passionately, whether for artistic or political reasons (or both). This collection of his documentaries is complemented by a collection of films which show what drove the artist to create his films and photos.
- DVD 10606
- Loin du Vietnam Far from Vietnam /
- "Initiated and edited by Chris Marker, Far from Vietnam is an epic 1967 collaboration between cinema greats Jean-Luc Godard, Joris Ivens, William Klein, Claude Lelouch and Alain Resnais in protest of American military involvement in Vietnam--made, per Marker's narration, 'to affirm, by the exercise of their craft, their solidarity with the Vietnamese people in struggle against aggression.' A truly collaborative effort, the film brings together an array of stylistically disparate contributions, none individually credited, under a unified editorial vision. The elements span documentary footage shot in North and South Vietnam and at anti-war demonstrations in the United States; a fictional vignette and a monologue that dramatize the self-interrogation of European intellectuals; interviews with Fidel Castro and Anne Morrison, widow of Norman Morrison, the Quaker pacifist who burned himself alive on the steps of the White House in 1965; an historical overview of the conflict; reflections from French journalist Michèle Ray; and a range of repurposed media material."--www.icarusfilms.com
- DVD 10126
- Mr. Freedom
- Satire about American culture, nationalism, and political boorishness. Superhero Mr. Freedom goes to France to save it from Communism, but he spends more time creating mayhem than he does helping.
- DVD 6539
- Muhammad Ali, the greatest a film /
- In 1964 Cassius Clay becomes heavyweight champion of the world. The day after his victory, Clay reveals that he is a Black Muslim. He defies white America, and changes his name to Muhammad Ali. Ali fights George Foreman for the championship at an incredible cultural event in Mobutu's Zairë in 1974. Ali reclaims his glory, his crown, and his legend. William Klein was the only one to film, in his inimitable style this unique saga.
- DVD 1478
- Qui êtes-vous Polly Maggoo? Who are you, Polly Maggoo? /
- Satire of Parisian haute couture and modeling world.
- DVD 6513