Films & Other Videos
Films with: Kirchheimer, Manfred
- Art is-- the permanent revolution prints and protest /
- "The anger and outrage captured by graphic artists have defined revolutions through the centuries. Printmakers have depicted the human condition in all its glories and struggles so powerfully that perceptions, attitudes and politics have been dramatically influenced ... three contemporary artists and a master printer explore how social reality and protest are conveyed in art"--Container.
- DVD 9682
- Tall the American skyscraper and Louis Sullivan /
- Tall traces the experiments of the early skyscraper architects, especially Louis Sullivan, the Chicago architect who pioneered a new skyscraper form. Fierce rivals, led by Daniel Burnham, builder of the Flatiron Building, competed with him for favor, money, and power. The progressive designs of the 1880s and 90s once again reverted to historical styles, culminating in the 'Cathedral of Commerce', the gothic Woolworth Tower of 1912. Tall pits the struggle for artistic integrity against the demands of fashion and the client's bottom line.
- DVD 4937
- We were so beloved the German Jews of Washington Heights /
- Documentary examines the experiences of Jewish refugees who settled in Washington Heights, New York, after fleeing Germany in the 1930s.
- DVD 9681