Films & Other Videos
Films with: Kinnear, Rory
- Skunk is an 11 year-old girl who lives a carefree life with her father, on a cul-de-sac in a very much middle-class neighborhood in Britain. At the beginning of the movie Skunk sees Rick, a young man living across the street, getting violently beaten up by yet another neighbor, Mr. Oswald. We later learn that one of Oswald's daughters, in order to save face, told her dad that Rick raped her, following which Oswald in a rage pummels Rick. Skunk is unwittingly drawn into the neighbors' unfolding melodrama of violence, sex, and life-shattering illness. Her home, neighborhood and school become treacherous environments where the happy certainties of childhood give way to fear-filled doubt. She is drawn into an ethereal chaos from which she may only return through the intense love of those closest to her.
- DVD 10805
- Casual vacancy
- Pagford is a seemingly idyllic English village with a cobbled market square and ancient abbey. Behind the pretty facade, however, is a town at war: rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils. Pagford is not what it first seems.
- DVD 11083
- DVD 7219
- Hollow crown. Richard II, Henry IV part 1, Henry IV part 2, Henry V /
- The Hollow crown: New adaptations of Shakespeare's tetralogy of history plays comprising the 'Henriad' for the BBC's 2012 Cultural Olympiad: King Richard; II King Henry IV, Part 1; King Henry IV, Part 2 and King Henry V. The plays chronicle a continuous period in British history from the end of the 14th century to the aftermath of the Battle of Agincourt in 1415. Together, the plays comprise a story with recurring themes of power struggles, redemption, family conflict and betrayal -- IMDB. Pt 1. Prince Hal (Tom Hiddleston) defies his father, King Henry IV (Jeremy Irons) by spending his time at Mistress Quickly's (Julie Walters) tavern in the company of the dissolute Falstaff (Simon Russell Beale) and his companions. The King is threatened by a rebellion led by Hal's rival, Hotspur (Joe Armstrong), his father Northumberland (Alun Armstrong), and his uncle Worcester (David Hayman). During the Battle of Shrewsbury Hal faces Hotspur in mortal combat. Pt 2. Northumberland (Alun Armstrong) is told of the death of his son Hotspur in service of the King (Jeremy Irons). The Lord Chief Justice (Geoffrey Palmer) attempts to separate Falstaff (Simon Russell Beale) from the Prince Hal (Tom Hoddleston). The rebels continue to plot against the crown but their forces are outwitted. This brings comfort to the dying King, who is finally reconciled with his son. Falstaff rushes to Hal's coronation with the expectation of high office. "The newly crowned King of England, Henry V, (Tom Hiddleston) is persuaded by his courtiers including Exeter (Anton Lesser) and York (Paterson Joseph), that he also has a rightful claim to lands in France. The chorus (John Hurt) tells of England's preparations for war and Henry's army sails for France. After Exeter's diplomacy is rebuffed by the French King (Lambert Wilson) Henry lays siege to and captures the town of Harfleur. The French now take Henry's claims seriously and challenge the English army to battle at Agincourt"-- Container. After halting a duel between warring nobles Bolingbroke and Mowbray, Richard II banishes both men from his kingdom. Following the death of Bolingbroke's father, John of Gaunt, Richard seizes his money and land to pay for wars against rebels in Ireland. Bolingbroke returns to claim his birthright and more.
- DVD 9816
- Imitation game
- "During the winter of 1952, British authorities entered the home of mathematician, cryptanalyst and war hero Alan Turing to investigate a reported burglary. They instead ended up arresting Turing himself on charges of "gross indecency," an accusation that would lead to his devastating conviction for the criminal offense of homosexuality - little did officials know, they were actually incriminating the pioneer of modern-day computing. Famously leading a motley group of scholars, linguists, chess champions and intelligence officers, he was credited with cracking the so-called unbreakable codes of Germany's World War II Enigma machine. An intense and haunting portrayal of a brilliant, complicated man, "The Imitation Game" a genius who under nail-biting pressure helped to shorten the war and, in turn, save thousands of lives."--Container.
- DVD 10929
- Penny Dreadful
- Vanessa Ives accepting her demons could exact a terrible cost and plunge the world into darkness, while Ethan Chandler, Dr. Frankenstein, Dorian Gray, Sir Malcolm, the Creature, and Lily must each face their own monstrous selves.
- DVD 12196