Films & Other Videos
Films with: Khoury, Clara
- Al Quds fī yawm ākhar = Jerusalem, another day : Rana's wedding /
- A Palestinian girl has only 10 hours to both find and marry her boyfriend in occupied Jerusalem and the West Bank. The uncertainty of her father's approval adds further difficulty.
- DVD 7261
- Arab Labor the complete first season /
- In Fall 2008, Link TV presented the U.S. broadcast premiere of the controversial hit Israeli comedy series Arab Labor (Avoda Aravit). Created by Sayed Kashua, a 32-year-old Israeli-born Palestinian journalist, Arab Labor (translated from the Hebrew "Avoda Aravit" which colloquially implies "shoddy or second-rate work") focuses on Amjad, a Palestinian journalist and Israeli citizen in search of his identity as he seeks high status in the society into which he was born but where his car is searched everyday when he drives from his neighborhood to his job at a newspaper in Jerusalem. Poking fun at the cultural divide, Kashua and his characters play on religious, cultural and political differences to daringly depict the mixed society that is Israel. This show marked a milestone on Israeli television as the first program to present Palestinian characters speaking Arabic on primetime. Arab Labor has generated great controversy between Arab and Israeli media and Link TV is premiering the program to the U.S. television audience in order to offer a fresh perspective on Israeli-Palestinian cultural friction while presenting an unbelievably entertaining show that has made an international splash.-- www.linktv.org/arablabor
- DVD 7394
- Syrian bride Kalah ha-Surit /
- Mona's wedding day may be the saddest day of her life. Once she crosses the border between Israel and Syria to get married, she will never be allowed back to her family in the Golan Heights.
- DVD 5062