Films & Other Videos
Films with: Kerouac, Jack
- Jack Kerouac.
- Kerouac's life is examined through fascinating rare documentary footage and revealing interviews with some of Kerouac's most famous contemporaries and friends. Beginning with his Catholic boyhood, through his development as one of the most important modern American authors, to his self-destructive demise at the age of 49, 'Jack Kerouac: King of the Beats' is both an accurately detailed documentary and a moving drama.
- DVD 9983
- On the road
- Traveling cross-country, young writer Sal Paradise has his life shaken by the arrival of free-spirited Dean Moriarty and his girl, Marylou. As they travel across the country, they encounter a mix of people who each impact their journey indelibly.
- DVD 9984
- One fast move or I'm gone Kerouac's Big Sur /
- Jack Kerouac was a literary rock star, lionized by his fans. He was called the avatar of the Beat Movement, a new voice of his generation. But along with sudden fame and media hype came his unraveling. The film takes us back to the cabin he retreated to in the Big Sur woods, the Beat haunts of San Francisco and New York City for an unflinching look at the compeling events his book is based on. The story unfolds through Kerouac's prose, first hand recollections from Kerouac's contemporaries, as well as writers, poets, actors and musicians who have been deeply influenced by Kerouac's unique gifts. The visual imagery is set to original music composed and performed by recording artists Jay Farrrar of Son Volt and Benjamin Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie.
- DVD 10125
- What happened to Kerouac?
- Investigates the personal history and creative process of Jack Kerouac, father of the Beat Generation, author of "On the road", and a pivotal figure of the fifties countercultural revolution. Shows what happened when fame and notoriety were thrust upon an essentially reticent man.
- DVD 7160