Films & Other Videos
Films with: Kendall, David
- American pluralism nurturing interfaith dialogue /
- Surveys America's increasingly pluralistic spiritual landscape via The Pluralism Project at Harvard University; the Interfaith Center at the Presidio; Inter-Faith Ministries, in Wichita; and the United Religions Initiative, in San Francisco.
- DVD 7493
- Black/white & Brown Brown v. the Board of Education of Topeka /
- The history of the desegregation of schools in the mid-20th century, including interviews with those involved in the Brown v. Board case and footage and photos from the time.
- DVD 8848
- Church and state
- Second in a ten-part series which addresses the emergence of worldviews that integrate scientific inquiry and spiritual insights while exploring the convergence of a wide range of religious traditions.This episode looks at the separation of church and state, which represents one of the most fundamental principles of American democracy. While some contend that the United States needs to return to its roots as a "Christian nation", others point out that the founding fathers crafted a system specifically designed to guard against any form of state-sanctioned religion. Participants include Boston University's Stephen Prothero; Diana Eck, of the Pluralism Project at Harvard University; Robert Bellah, of U.C. Berkeley; retired Episcopal Bishop John Shelby Spong ; Princeton University's Robert Wuthnow; and the Reverend Peter Gomes, of the Memorial Church of Harvard University.
- DVD 7524
- Evolving with the Bible controversy, conciliation, and the Bible's place in American culture /
- Examines the place of the Bible in American culture and variations in its interpretation, especially related to evolution and creation.
- DVD 7534
- Science and spirituality convergence of the sublimes /
- In bringing together proponents of science and spirituality, this program proposes to encourage the overlapping of these contrasting worldviews in a revolutionary union of wisdom and, by joining strength to strength, facilitate the salvation of the Earth as humankind stands at the brink of global environmental catastrophe.
- DVD 7535
- Spirituality of co-creation partnering with God /
- The prevailing monotheistic religions have been dominated by a top-down approach based upon a paternalistic model. This model is being called into question by some who assert that human beings must step forward to accept greater responsibility for our actions while becoming more attuned to transpersonal creative energies.
- DVD 7501