Films & Other Videos
Films with: Kahm, Marsha
- Between two worlds the American Jewish culture wars /
- Between two worlds is a groundbreaking personal exploration of the community and family divisions that are redefining American Jewish identity and politics. The filmmakers' own families are battlegrounds over loyalty to Israel, interpretations of the Holocaust, intermarriage, and a secret communist past.
- DVD 8455
- Feelings are facts : the life of Yvonne Rainer
- "[This film] tells the riveting story of one of America's most important artists. In 1962, as a founding member of Judson Dance Theater, Rainer, revolutionized modern dance by introducing everyday movements like walking and running into the dance lexicon. Abandoning choreography in the '70s, Rainer introduced narrative techniques into American avant-garde film, turning that genre on its head, too. [W]e follow Rainer, returned to choreography, as she continues to create vibrant, courageous, unpredictable dances that invite audiences to question basic assumptions about art and performance"-- Container.
- DVD 11651
- We were here
- "A deep and reflective look at the arrival and impact of AIDS in San Francisco and how individuals rose to the occasion during the first years of this unimaginable crisis"--IMDb.
- DVD 8666