Films & Other Videos
Films with: Kafka, Franz
- Citizen Welles The stranger ; The trial.
- The stranger (ca. 95 min.): An ex-Nazi is allowed to escape from a German war crimes prison after WWII to lead the Allies to a notorious spy planning to revive the Third Reich. The trail leads to a small Connecticut town where intrigue and murder combine for a tense situation. The trial (ca. 118 min.): Portrays the experiences of Josef K as he is mysteriously arrested by agents of the police for an unspecified crime. Josef is then plunged into a nightmare world of an inescapable legal bureaucracy that assumes he is guilty.
- DVD 1343
- Schloss The castle /
- K. arrives at an isolated village to take up his position as a land surveyor for officials at the Castle. No one will confirm or deny his appointment, and his attempts to approach and appeal to Castle officials are met with indifference, obstinacy, and bureaucratic red tape. K. has status but no position, two dolts for assistants, the forlorn barmaid Frieda as a fiancée, and arguments with everyone. An icy blizzard blows unendingly, immeasurable time passes, and K. trudges repeatedly back and forth, waiting for the smallest scrap of information or news from the Castle, that they have need of him, or at least recognition of his existence.
- DVD 7381
- Portrays the experiences of Josef K as he is mysteriously arrested by agents of the police for an unspecified crime. Josef is then plunged into a nightmare world of an inescapable legal bureaucracy that assumes he is guilty.
- DVD 573
- "When Josef K is condemned for an unnamed crime in an unnamed country, he is forced to seek his own justice through a labyrinth of bureaucracy. Along the way, he becomes involved with three women who in their own individual ways are functions of the systems that persecutes him."--Container.
- DVD 11057