Films & Other Videos
Films with: Iron, Daniel
- Away from her
- Fiona and Grant are an Ontario couple who have been married for over 40 years. During the twilight of their years, Grant is forced to face the fact that Fiona's 'forgetfulness' actually is Alzheimer's. After Fiona wanders away and is found, the decision is made for her to go into a nursing home. For the first time in their relationship, they are forced to undergo a separation since this is the nursing home 'no-vistors,' first 30 days policy of a patient's stay. When Grant visits Fiona after the orientation period, he is devastated to find out that not only has she seemingly forgotten him, but she has transferred her affections to another man. As the distance between husband and wife grows, Grant must draw upon his love for Fiona to perform an act of self-sacrifice in order to ensure her happiness.
- DVD 5136
- Cairo time
- Juliette, a magazine editor, arrives in Cairo to meet her husband Mark, a U.N. official in Gaza. When he is unavoidably delayed, Mark sends his friend and former security officer Tareq to show her around the city. As she gets used to the customs and rhythm of life in Cairo, she finds herself falling not only for the city's charms, but for Tareq as well.
- DVD 7923
- Dido & Aeneas
- A danced performance of the Baroque opera Dido and Aeneas. Dido, the noble queen of Carthage, has fallen in love with the Trojan Prince Aeneas. While the court celebrates the imminent union of the two monarchs, the evil sorceress with her coven of witches plots their downfall. Romance leads to heartbreak and tragedy.
- DVD 4751
- Edward Burtynsky manufactured landscapes /
- Follows photographer Edward Burtynsky as he travels through China photographing the effects of that country's massive industrial revolution.
- DVD 5226
- Last night
- At the stroke of midnight, the world is going to end. With time running out, a crazy group of big city dwellers is determined to go out with a bang.
- DVD 6952
- Slings & arrows the complete collection /
- Follows the fortunes of a dysfunctional Shakespearean theatre troupe, exposing the high drama, scorching battles, and electrifying thrills that happen behind the scenes. Contains all 18 episodes from three seasons.
- DVD 6684