Films & Other Videos
Films with: Gómez Cruz, Ernesto
- Callejón de los milagros Midaq Alley /
- Stories of three neighbors whose lives are intertwined in the old downtown section of Mexico City.
- DVD 721
- Infierno Hell /
- Benjamín García, El Benny, es deportado de Estados Unidos y al regresar a su pueblo encuentra un panorama desolador. La violencia, la corrupción y la crisis económica que azotan al país han devastado por completo al lugar. El Benny, sin otras opciones y para ayudar a su familia a salir adelante, se involucra en el negocio del narco, en el que tiene, por primera vez en su vida, una fulgurante prosperidad llena de dinero, mujeres y violencia, pero al final descubrirá en carne propia, que el tentador camino de la vida criminal no siempre paga lo que promete. Benjamin Garcia, El Benny, is deported from the U.S., and upon his return to Mexico finds a bleak picture. The violence, corruption and economic crisis plaguing the country have completely devastated the place. Benny, with no other options and to help his family out, gets involved in the drug business, where he finds, for the first time in his life, a prosperous life, full of money, women and violence. In the end, he discovers firsthand that the tempting criminal way of life does not always pay what it promises.
- DVD 10052
- Ley de Herodes Herod's law /
- The tiny town of San Pedro de los Saguaros needs a new Mayor, as the populace has assassinated several. As a reward for his party loyalty, the ruling governor gives hapless junk dealer Damián Alcázar the post. An honest if idealistic man, Vargas arrives with his beautiful, ambitious wife Gloria. Picked for his stupidity, he quickly discovers that bribes, blackmail, gratuitous fines, and other abuses of authority are the only way to get things done, and soon transforms himself from ineffectual stooge to paragon of corruption--or, a successful politician. Along the way, he encounters a surly madam, a moralizing doctor, a mercenary priest, and an opportunistic gringo. He justifies his actions with a motto learned from his party leader, who quotes Herod's Law, which is (if somewhat reworded), "Either you screw them or you get screwed."
- DVD 10054
- Norte : =The north /
- A drama about a Guatemalan brother and sister seeking better lives. They set out for the promised land, "El Norte."
- DVD 3822
- Norte = The North /
- El norte: Enrique and Rosa are brother and sister Mayan Indian peasants, living in the mountains of Guatemala. When the village attempts to organize for better treatment, Enrique and Rosa are forced to flee as the Guatemalan army is sent in to punish the townspeople. Receiving clandestine help from friends and humorous advice from a veteran immigrant, they make their way to Los Angeles, hoping to make a new life as young, uneducated, and illegal immigrants. The journal of Diego Rodriguez Silva: Nava's 1972 award-winning thirty-minute student film, based on the life of Spanish poet and playwright Federico García Lorca, depicting the life of a fictional poet caught in the Spanish Civil War and jailed, but then set free on the condition he leaves his country and never returns.
- DVD 6348
- Que importa es vivir Living is what matters /
- Candelairo, a drifter calls on an old friend, Don Lazaro, an owner of of a run-down ranch who agrees to board him in exchange for labor. Soon, Candelairo catches the eye of Lazaro's alcoholic wife and they become involved in a passionate affair, leading to a series of unforeseen events.
- DVD 3347