Films & Other Videos
Films with: Ghobadi, Bahman
- Gomgashtei dar Aragh Marooned in Iraq /
- During the Iran-Iraq war, an aging Iranian-Kurd musician hears that his wife, a singer with a magical voice, who deserted him for his best friend and fled to Iraq, is in trouble. He cons his two sons into accompanying him on the search and they embark on an adventure filled with music, romance and danger.
- DVD 3006
- Iran une revolution cinematographique /
- Traces the development of the Iranian film industry, which has always been closely intertwined with the country's tumultuous political history, chronicling how Iranian films reflected contemporaneous society and often presaged social change. It shows how mainstream commercial cinema served as a propaganda tool for both the monarchy and the fundamentalist religious regime, recounts the sporadic efforts of some filmmakers to reveal grimmer social realties, and the struggles against censorship and traditional cinematic formulas by such pioneers as Bahram Beyzai and Sohrab Shahid Saless and pre- and post-Islamic revolutionary 'new wave' filmmakers.
- DVD 4855
- Lakposhtha hâm parvaz mikonand Turtles can fly /
- A young teenage boy's life in rural Iraq is thrown into flux by the impending U.S. invasion, his crush on a local girl, and the seemingly-magical abilities of one of his friends.
- DVD 5529
- Takhté siah Blackboards /
- A group of male teachers crosses the mountainous paths of the remote Iranian Kurdish region. The men wander from village to village in search of students, carrying large blackboards on their backs. The boards are sometime used as shelter, camouflage, and shields for gunfire.
- DVD 2978
- Zamani barayé masti asbha A time for drunken horses /
- Just off the Iraqi border in the cold and stark mountains of Iranian Kurdistan, a boy is forced into the smuggling trade and his sister into a loveless marriage in order to raise money to get medical treatment for his older brother.
- DVD 3490