Films & Other Videos
Films with: Gay, John
- 3 groschenoper The 3 penny opera /
- "Set in the impoverished back alleys of Victorian London, The threepenny opera follows underworld antihero Mackie Messer (a.k.a. Mack the Knife) as he tries to woo Polly Peachum and elude the authorities. With a palpable evocation of corruption and dread, set to Weill's irresistible score, The threepenny opera remains a benchmark of early sound cinema." -- container.
- DVD 5091
- Separate tables
- At the Beauregard Hotel, all the eccentric guests feel lonely. In one emotional evening, four of them will bare their innermost secrets and change each other's lives forever.
- DVD 11700
- Victor Hugo's Les Miserables
- Hugo's story of escaped convict Jean Valjean, who is aided by a good bishop and pursued relentlessly by the fanatical Inspector Javert, expresses the author's humanitarian interest in the suffering of the common people.
- DVD 5890