Films & Other Videos
Films with: Fuller, R. Buckminster
- How much does your building weigh, Mr. Foster?
- Born in Manchester, England on the wrong side of the tracks, Norman Foster rose from a humble working class background to become one of the premiere architects of modern times. Filmed in over ten countries and homing in on his most iconic works, including London's Swiss Re Tower, New York's Hearst Building, Berlin's Reichstag, and more, it's an unprecedented exploration of an architect whose quest is to improve the quality of life through design.
- DVD 9675
- I build the tower
- Presents the story of Simon Rodia the Italian immigrant who built the Watts Towers in his backyard in South Central Los Angeles. Includes a 40 min. interview with R. Buckminster Fuller filmed exclusively for this project.
- DVD 8295
- World of Buckminster Fuller
- "Buckminster Fuller (1895-1983) was an architect, engineer, geometrician, philosopher, futurist, inventor of the famous geodesic dome, and one of the most brilliant thinkers of his time. His legacy becomes ever more relevant, providing us a road map to steer our planet away from oblivion-- and toward a sustainable future for all of humanity. This film ... transports the viewer into Fuller's mind and soul. Told entirely in his own words, the film is an intimate, personal and inspiring message from Fuller to our fragile world"--Container.
- DVD 6954