Films & Other Videos
Films with: Freeman, Al
- Black like me
- Based on the landmark memoir by John Howard Griffin, Black Like Me stars James Whitmore as Griffin, who medically altered his pigment and, with the help of a sunlamp, reinvented himself as an itinerant black writer navigating his way through Mississippi and Alabama. Along the way he experienced firsthand both crushing racism and the incredible life force of African-American communities.
- DVD 13205
- An emotionally unstable white woman entices, then humiliates and finally knifes a black man while they ride a subway train in New York City.
- DVD 2382
- Ida B. Wells a passion for justice /
- Chronicles the life of Ida B. Wells, an early Afro-American journalist and activist who protested lynchings, the treatment of Afro-American soldiers, and other forms of racism and injustice toward black Americans around the turn of the century. Her involvement in the women's suffrage movement is also described.
- DVD 12011
- Once upon a time-- when we were colored
- Tells the story of growing up in the segregation-era South, in a community that faced adversity and held together with amazing dignity and grace.
- DVD 9627