Films & Other Videos
Films with: Fosha, Diana
- Accelerated experiential dynamic psychotherapy
- "In Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP), Dr. Diana Fosha demonstrates her healing-centered treatment approach, which aims to capitalize on the client's natural, adaptive, wired-in capacities for healing and transformation. AEDP integrates experiential and relational elements within an affect-centered psychodynamic framework, with the somatic experience of affect in relationship and the moment-to-moment regulation of this experience as the focus of clinical aims to bring about change. In this session, Dr. Fosha works with a young woman who comes to treatment for help with an unsatisfying marriage. The client is worried that her 3-year-old daughter is being harmed by watching the conflict between the parents. Working to rapidly overcome the client's defenses and fear of emotional closeness, Dr. Fosha helps the client experience and process her deep grief, hurt, and sadness over her own early experiences of being parented. The client experiences a healing transformation and thus accesses confidence in herself and in her own resources."--Container.
- DVD 12976
- Accelerated experiential dynamic psychotherapy (AEDP) supervision
- "In Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP) Supervision, Dr. Diana Fosha demonstrates how the supervisory model for this healing-oriented transformational approach incorporates many of the key principles used in the therapy itself. Aspects of AEDP supervision include creating safety for the therapist and supervisee, undoing the therapist and supervisee's aloneness, fostering a therapeutic alliance that helps both therapist and supervisee become skilled in detecting transformation, and using an affirmative orientation. In this program, Dr. Fosha and her supervisee engage in a supervisory session, and host Dr. Hanna Levenson interviews them about their work together, discussing the supervision model with illustrative clips from the demonstration session."--
- DVD 12949
- Accelerated experiential dynamic psychotherapy (AEDP) with a male client
- "In this phase-oriented treatment, Dr. Diana Fosha first focuses on building the relationship and establishing safety, simultaneously working with anxiety and attending to interferences with core emotion. She then helps the client to gain visceral access to experience, using moment-to-moment tracking of fluctuations in affect. Next, Dr. Fosha affirms and processes the experience of transformation by drawing attention to its positive and healing effects. Finally, the client is able to construct a coherent, cohesive narrative, with newfound personal truth and strengthened sense of self."--Container.
- DVD 12948