Films & Other Videos
- Bride of the wind
- Like moths to a flame, the greatest artistic talents of turn-of-the-century Europe were drawn to Alma, a remarkable muse who ignited desires that translated into masterpieces of art, music, and literature. Based on the true story of untamed passions and inspirations that drove her to inspire the hearts and minds of composer Gustav Mahler, painter Oskar Kokoschka, architect Walter Gropius and novelist Franz Werfel, who helped her become a respected composer herself.
- DVD 2407
- Nozze di Figaro
- A battle of the sexes, loaded with confusion, mixed identities, a boy dressed up as a girl, and hilarious dialogue with plenty of double entendre. The impending marriage of Figaro to Susanna is threatened by the scheming of Count Almaviva, who desires Susanna for himself, and Marcellina, who wants to marry Figaro herself. All problems are resolved with the help of Countess Almaviva, and the couple are able to marry.
- DVD 5861
- The Met's production of Verdi's Otello from 1995, with Placido Domingo in one of his greatest roles opposite the stunning Renee Fleming in her first breakaway Met success.
- DVD 5860
- Based on two fairy tales, it tells the story of a water-nymph, Rusalka, yearning to become human because she has fallen in love with a mortal.
- DVD 3151
- Streetcar named Desire an opera in three acts /
- Blanche Dubois visits her sister and her husband Stanley, and he immediately dislikes her. Friction builds between the two of them when they are left in the apartment together.
- DVD 1447