Films & Other Videos
Films with: Fernán Gómez, Fernando
- Abuelo The grandfather /
- When news of his son's death brings old Count Albrit home to Spain after years abroad, he's pleased to meet his two charming young granddaughters. But one of the girls is not his son's daughter, and therefore not his true heir. The determined Count sets out to discover which granddaughter is worthy of his love and name.
- DVD 2441
- Belle époque
- Fernando, a handsome, young Spanish Civil War deserter who befriends a free-thinking artist, finds himself in a romantic dilemma when the artist's four beautiful daughters return to their country home. Which woman should he love?
- DVD 3757
- Butterfly Lengua de las mariposas /
- A shy young boy is brought out of his cocoon by a wise teacher who shows him the wonder of the natural world around him, amidst the growing tensions and chaos of the Spanish Civil War in Galicia.
- DVD 1179
- Espíritu de la colmena The spirit of the beehive /
- Only dimly aware of the shadow of World War II somewhere beyond the Castilian plateau, sisters Isabel and Ana must occupy themselves as their preoccupied scientist father and isolated, languishing mother move in their solitary orbits. After attending the screening of James Whale's "Frankenstein" at a makeshift movie theater in town, Ana becomes obsessed with the idea of befriending the imaginary monster. Largely wordless, the film functions as a striking trompe d'loeil about childhood imagination versus the wider perspective of the adult world.
- DVD 8562