Films & Other Videos
Films with: Felsberg, Ulrich
- Blues, a musical journey
- The blues is a seven-part documentary film series exploring the evolution of the blues, featuring rare archival performance footage of Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Willie Dixon ... et al., also including over 100 newly-filmed performances by contemporary artists such as B.B. King, Bonnie Raitt, Beck ... et al. singing classic blues songs.
- DVD 4146
- Buena Vista Social Club
- In 1996, music legend Ry Cooder went to Cuba to search for buried treasure. He found gold. Looking for lost songs and forgotten singers, Cooder discovered an exotic land of passion, sensuality and music.
- DVD 1062
- Land and freedom a story from the Spanish Revolution /
- An epic tale of love and revolution during the Spanish Civil War. 1936: a local man in Liverpool wrestles with disillusion and decides to join the fight against fascism in Franco's Spain. He finds himself deeply drawn to the cause and character of his new comrades, the Republican freedom-fighters, especially the beautiful Blanca. Unfortunately, political infighting threatens to do them all in.
- DVD 11244
- Notebook on cities and clothes
- Focuses on issues of identity -- how individuals see and define themselves based on clothes, where they live, how they see their place in the world. Profiles/interviews fashion designer Yohji Yamamoto as he and his staff prepare for presentation of a seasonal collection. Director/writer Wim Wenders compares the film and fashion industries, illustrating how they parallel one another.
- DVD 3645