Films & Other Videos
Films with: Ephron, Nora
- Dreams on Spec
- "Featuring interviews with screenwriting luminaries James L. Brooks, Nora Ephron, Carrie Fisher, and Gary Ross, DREAMS ON SPEC follows three aspiring Hollywood writers as they pour their hearts into their spec(ulative) scripts, pitch their ideas to anyone who will listen, go to meetings, hold table reads, and work at low-level day jobs -- all in the hopes of one day seeing one of their beloved creations made into a movie. The documentary offers a funny and compelling look at inspiration, creativity, and solitude in Hollywood."
- DVD 6714
- A bitter romance based on Nora Ephron's autobiographical novel about her relationship with Carl Bernstein.
- DVD 9036
- Julie & Julia
- Julie Powell is a frustrated insurance worker who wants to be a writer. Trying to find a challenge in her life, she decides to cook her way through Julia Child's 'Mastering the Art of French Cooking' in one year, and to blog about it. As Julie begins to find her groove as a cook, and her voice as a writer, the project takes on a life of its own. The project provides the struggling young woman with her life's purpose, to her very pleasant surprise. Julia Child has an amazing love affair with her dashing husband, Paul, all while embracing life and French food. Julie lovingly celebrates the life of one of American food's most influential and beloved figureheads.
- DVD 7166
- Karen Silkwood becomes contaminated with plutonium at her job, voices her protest at the indifference and denial of her company, and becomes a threat to the entire nuclear industry and the government agencies that monitor it. Based on a true story.
- DVD 1066
- Sleepless in Seattle
- After hearing a man confess his love for his dearly departed wife on a call-in radio show, a woman falls deeply, inexplicably in love with him. Deciding he is her destiny, she treks across country on a wildly romantic impulse to meet him.
- DVD 5426
- You've got mail
- A romance in which superstore book chain magnate Hanks and cozy children's bookshop owner Ryan are anonymous e-mail cyberpals who fall head-over-laptops in love, unaware that they are combative business rivals.
- DVD 5952