Films & Other Videos
Films with: Eno, Brian
- Edible city San Francisco, California /
- DVD 10781
- For all mankind
- Presents an impressionistic look at NASA's first manned flights to the moon as filmed and narrated by the astronauts who made the voyages.
- DVD 13011
- A Gulf War veteran has returned home with amnesia only to be convicted of a murder he didn't commit. While in an institution for the criminally insane he is put on a heavy course of experimental drugs and restrained in a jacket-like device and locked away in a body drawer of the basement morgue. The process mysteriously transports him to the future where he hopes to make changes that can alter the course of history.
- DVD 4607
- Pervert's guide to cinema
- "A film about cinema itself, with close readings of some of the most intriguing and celebrated films in cinema history. Serving as guide is the charismatic Slovenian philosopher and psychoanalyst Slavoj Žižek, who delves into the hidden language of cinema, uncovering what movies can tell us about ourselves. Structured in three parts, the Pervert's Guide To Cinema offers an introduction to Žižek's ideas on fantasy, reality, sexuality, subjectivity, form and desire. In a striking visual leap, director Sophie Fiennes immerses Žižek into the scenes he discusses. Whether he is unraveling the films of David Lynch, or overturning everything you thought you knew about Hitchcock, Žižek illuminates the screen with his passion, intellect and unfailing sense of humour"--Container.
- DVD 6565
- Describes the last few days of the life of the Catholic martyr St. Sebastian, in particular his relationship with the Emperor Diocletian in 303 A.D., his banishment to a remote outpost of the Roman Empire because of his Christian sympathies, the ambiguous relation with his commanding officer, Severus, and finally his execution by his fellow soldiers.
- DVD 7482