Films & Other Videos
Films with: Elmes, Frederick
- Blue velvet
- "Home from college, Jeffrey Beaumont (Kyle MacLachlan) makes an unsettling discovery: a severed human ear, lying in a field. In the mystery that follows, by turns terrifying and darkly funny, writer-director David Lynch burrows deep beneath the picturesque surfaces of small-town life. Driven to investigate, Jeffrey finds himself drawing closer to his fellow amateur sleuth, Sandy Williams (Laura Dern), as well as their person of interest, lounge singer Dorothy Vallens (Isabella Rossellini)--and facing the fury of Frank Booth (Dennis Hopper), a psychopath who will stop at nothing to keep Dorothy in his grasp. With intense performances and hauntingly powerful scenes and images, Blue Velvet is an unforgettable vision of innocence lost, and one of the more influential American films of the past few decades"--Container.
- DVD 13141
- Broken flowers
- Confirmed bachelor Don has just been dumped by his latest lover, Sherry. Don begins to resign himself to being alone and left to his own devices. However, he becomes compelled to reflect on his past when he receives a mysterious pink letter by mail. It is from an anonymous former lover and informs him that he has a 19-year-old son who may be looking for his father. Don is urged to investigate the contents of the letter by his closest friend and neighbor, Winston. Hesitant to travel at all, Don nonetheless embarks on a cross-country trip in search of clues from four former loves. Unannounced, he visits each of these women and finds that they hold new surprises for Don as he confronts his past.
- DVD 5992
- Coffee and cigarettes
- A collection of eleven stories that range from Bill Murray's hilarious delivery of java and advice to Wu-Tang Clan's RZA and GZA to an interchange steeped in jealousy between a successful actress and her bitter cousin.
- DVD 3186
- A nightmarish collage of images which blends the grotesque and the absurd, the deeply disturbing and the darkly humorous. Henry is the nerdish central character who lives in a squalid apartment with a strange girl and their monstrous baby. The extraordinary special effects create an eerie, dream-like world with a logic all its own.
- DVD 3828
- Kinsey is a portrait of a man driven to uncover the most private secrets of the nation, and journey into the mystery of human behavior. His 1948 book Sexual Behavior in the Human Male irrevocably changed American culture and created a media sensation.
- DVD 4334