Films & Other Videos
Films with: Elkabetz, Ronit
- For the apartment dwellers, every action creates a ripple unknowingly felt by all. Goreous libertine Gabi's loud, violent trysts with her physically dominant, emotionally unavailable lover Hezi bring down the wrath of their disgusted neighbors. Mali reluctantly joins her neurotic ex-husband Ezra in his search for their army deserter son. Ezra's illegal construction site and undocumented immigrant workers in turn prompt the hermit Schwartz to relive the horrors of the Nazi death camps, as his Filipino campanion Linda helplessly looks on.
- DVD 3526
- Bikur ha-Tizmoret The band's visit /
- The Alexandria Ceremonial Police Orchestra arrives in Israel from Egypt for a cultural event. Once there, they find the expected delegation is not there to meet them. Arrangements to get to their destination of Petah Tiqva have not been taken care of either. They find their own ride and arrive instead at the remote town of Beit Hatikva. Stuck there until the next morning's bus, the band, lead by the repressed Tawfiq Zacharaya, gets help from the worldly lunch owner, Dina, who offers to put them up for the night. As the band settles in the best it can, each of the members attempts to get along with the natives in their own way. What follows is a special night of quiet happenings and confessions as the band makes its own impact on the town and the town on them.
- DVD 5621
- Gett the trial of Viviane Amsalem /
- "In Israel there is neither civil marriage nor civil divorce. Only rabbis can legitimate a marriage or its dissolution. But this dissolution is only possible with full consent from the husband, who in the end has more power than the judges. Viviane Amsalem has been applying for divorce for three years. But her husband Elisha will not agree. His cold intransigence, Viviane's determination to fight for her freedom, and the ambiguous role of the judges shape a procedure in which tragedy vies with absurdity, and everything is brought out for judgment, apart from the initial request"--Director's Fortnight.
- DVD 11115
- Hatuna meuheret Mariage tardif /
- Unmarried at 31, Zaza has become an embarassment to his family. With one potential bride after another trotted out in front of him, he somehow manages to never tie the knot. Curious, his family investigates and discovers his secret relationship to a divorcée. Upset, the entire family decide to intervene.
- DVD 2391
- Or Mon trésor /
- Or has a part-time job at a restaurant, but her full-time job is taking care of her mother, whose survival skills have deteriorated after years of prostitution. Now Or must decide if she wants to keep caring for her mother or have a life of her own.
- DVD 4640