Films & Other Videos
Films with: Duvall, Shelley
- 3 women
- In a dusty, under-populated California resort town, Pinky Rose, a naive and impressionable Southern waif begins her life as a nursing home attendent. There, Pinky finds her role model in fellow nurse Millie, a misguided would-be sophisticate and hopeless devotee of sophisticated ladies magazines. But Pinky's hero-worship evolves into something far stranger and more sinister than could be imagined.
- DVD 3051
- Annie Hall
- Woody Allen's semiautobiographical portrait of his amorous, but ultimately mismatched, relationship with co-star Diane Keaton. Allen uses satire and comedy to portray this "nervous romance" for modern times.
- DVD 1511
- Brewster McCloud
- Brewster McCloud is a strange young man who lives under the roof of the Houston Astrodome and is secretly building a pair of giant wings. A ruthless killer is on the loose in Houston, and some of the city's richest and most illustrious citizens are among the victims. Is it the killer's bizarre trademark or merely a coincidence that each corpse is marked with bird droppings?
- DVD 10884
- Films of Terry Gilliam
- Includes extensive film clips and interviews with actors and collaborators who have worked with film director Terry Gilliam. Includes filmography and weblink.
- DVD 1080
- McCabe & Mrs. Miller
- Charismatic but dumb John McCabe arrives in a turn-of-the-century Pacific Northwest town to set up a whorehouse/tavern. Shrewd Mrs. Miller, a professional madam, arrives soon after construction begins. She offers to help McCabe run his business and the whorehouse thrives. McCabe and Mrs. Miller draw closer, despite their conflicting intelligences and philosophies. Soon, however, the mining deposits in the town attract the attention of a major corporation, which wants to buy out McCabe along with the rest. His decision has major repercussions for him, Mrs. Miller, and the town.
- DVD 1509
- "[The feature film] weaves the stories of 24 characters--from country star to wannabe to reporter to waitress--into a cinematic tapestry that is equal parts comedy, tragedy, and musical. Many members of the ... cast wrote their own songs and performed them live on location"--Container.
- DVD 10142
- Olive Oyl, Wimpy, Bluto and others join Popeye in his adventures in the harbor town of Sweethaven.
- DVD 3474
- C.D. Bales has an astonishingly long nose. He harbors a secret love for a beautiful astronomy student who is attracted to another man.
- DVD 15
- A young boy and his parents spend the winter in a resort hotel which is possessed by ghosts of its evil past.
- DVD 534
- Thieves like us
- Two convicts break out of Mississippi State Penitentiary in 1936 to join a third on a long spree of bank robbing. The youngest of the gang falls in love with a girl he has met at their hideout. Their last robbery in Yazoo City goes bad and all three become notorious men, who are wanted by the law.
- DVD 6712
- Time bandits
- A young boy escapes his gadget-obsessed parents to join a band of time-traveling dwarves. Armed with a map stolen from the Supreme Being, they plunder treasure from Napoleon and Agamemnon, but the Evil Genius is watching their every move!.
- DVD 567
- Twilight of the ice nymphs Archangel ; The heart of the world /
- Twilight of the ice nymphs (1997, col.): A political prisoner returns to his home after several years of incarceration, falling desperately in love with a woman named Juliana on the boat trip home. Archangel (melodrama, 1990, b&w tinted): A tale of obsessive love in the arctic town of Archangel, where a Canadian soldier, a Belgian pilot, and a Russian nurse, all suffering from amnesia, become involved in a love triangle in which each believes the others to be someone else. The heart of the world (2000, b&w): A parody of silent Soviet propaganda films.
- DVD 2360